ET Ghosts from the Abyss Making Contact Halloween Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2000
C'mon its October, Halloween and all that right.
So lets allow ourselves to be spooky for a moment. Lets try to have an online sayonce, saionse, sa'ounce, (however you spell the thing).
Lets try to contact someone from the Titanic, this Halloween night at midnight (Titanic time).
First of all, who should it be?
Second, what will we ask them?
Third, ... who's too chicken to go through with this?

WWWWHHHAAAAHHHAAAHHAAHHHAAA!!!

Now everyone put your hands on the wedgie board. Close your eyes and breath deeply. ...(stop pushing on the thing Michael Standard, thats cheating.)

(wolf howling in distance) Ooooooowwwwww!

YS

Joshua Gulch

Mar 31, 2001
Mom! Standart's cheating again!

Anyhoo, my choices:
1. I think W.T. Stead would be a logical candidate.
2. I'm not quite sure what I'd ask just yet.
3. Most likely me.

Josh.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
WooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo.

Don't blame me. I haven't touched a thing.

But...ahhhh....something cold is touching me
mad.gif

Cordialaaaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Sam Brannigan

Dec 20, 2000
Scene: Smoking Room (2:05am)

Dear Mr Stead,

I know it's a tight angle, and I know it must be hard to pull yourself away from Colonel Gracies' latest tome, but I really could use the key to the bar OM!

Regards

Drunken Sailor

(and I'll bring you a Scotch if you would be so kind)

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
Gentlemen, regarding contacting W. T. Stead, its been done - at least one time, anyway.

True story.
A group gathered together when 'spiritualism' was enjoying it's (arguably) greatest popularity. The medium then began the seance' and contacted the spirit of W. T. Stead! Then, she announced, there was among them a survivor from the Titanic and Stead SPOKE to this survivor! Stead went on to speak about how he enjoyed his talks with the survivor during the ill-fated trip. Then, as abruptly as he 'appeared', Stead vanished.

The others in the room looked at the survivor, who only smiled but said little. Lawrence Beesley never mentioned that, being in Second Class, he had never met Stead nor had any conversations with him.

"T'is the 'witchin' hour and don't be caught out at night!"

Spooktacularly yours,
Boris Cook

Jul 14, 2000
I'm having this vision of Boris Cook dressed in a red leather jacket and dancing like Michael Jackson. (with a White Star Line pennant on the back of the jacket of course.)

If we want to try this, I'll need a 'head' count for those interested. Lets set the minimum at 5 people to participate. We'll all log online to ET at about 30 minutes before midnight Titanic time on Oct. 31st. We'll all light candles around our respective computers, concentrate on the image of the target person and try to entice that lost soul to join in the conversation with us. Once we have a strong presence from that person, we'll take turns asking questions. If it works, we'll have quite a story to tell. If it doesn't work, ...well we can always say it did.

So think about it carefully, this may turn out to be more of an adventure than we bargained for. Who knows what wandering spirit will manifest itself near you? Capt. Smith himself may appear just behind you as you sit there typing away. You may just catch a glimpse of him in your monitor before he vanishes into thin air. But try not to panic as you begin to feel the room get cold. Cold like the night Titanic sank from beneath them. Cold like the water that now occupies their cabins. Cold, like death itself...

"!!!"
What was that noise!!!???
WHO'S THERE???
It sounds like a ship rolling over a thousand marbles.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

run away, run away, run away!

Jun 4, 2000
Yuri - a 'wedgie' board! Oh dear. I'm wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. Clearly it's that old cultural difference thing again.

Cookie - ta for that Beesley snippet. I had no idea he'd met WT Stead *after* the sinking. Very interesting. I don't think it's in George's book but now I'm ducking off to check.

Aug 29, 2000
I'm in Yuri! The Ouija gets quite a workout at the Lizzie Borden house. Mrs. Houdini didn't have much luck finding Harry though. Have been reading with some interest lately of Conan Doyle's spree with spiritualism, fairies, and the like. 'Tis the season for "piercing the veil". So-who is the target? I am remembering Bullwinkle saying to Rocky- "Chilly Beebies- the Spee-rits are about to speak! " Candy corn anyone?

Mar 20, 2000
Yuri,

Shell SHOULD play this game - she IS a spook, and a bonafide, grade A, professional one! The dear wouldn't dare brag but I will brag FOR her!

Yes, it's true - our own little Shell will be featured on MTV sometime around Halloween - so everyone be sure to watch (or at least set your VCRs) to see as Shell dons her best Lizzie Borden garb and takes frightened kids on a tour of that scary old house!

The ouija game sounds fun! Count me in.

Randy

Pat Cook

Apr 26, 2000
To Yuri - believe me, when I dance, for those around me, it really IS a 'thriller'!

To Fi - glad you enjoyed the Beesley bio note - I'm always amazed when I can impress you, rather than the other way around, which is more usual.

Our Shelly on MTV?? Well, and about time, if you ask me! I mean, if I would be going through the Lizzie Borden house, I would sure like Shelly at my side. Moooohahahahaha....!!!!

Standart, you're right about that mummy! And he leaves all these Ace bandages EVERYwhere!

From the Eerie Canal,
Boris Cook

Jun 4, 2000
Dear Boris,
Am impressed that I can amaze you - or rather, am amazed that I can impress you. (Yep, the latter version looks right.)

MTV - you mean there is a point to it after all? If they're showing Shelley guiding a tour of Chez Borden, I want in.

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Count me in too for the Shelley Chez Borden tour - although the photos of the original crime scenes in the Borden house haunted me for yonks after I first saw them (amazing how swiftly and vividly the mind fills in the colour red for those dark patches on the black and white shots).

I'd be up for this super-legitimate attempt to make contact with the Great Beyond if it wasn't for the fact that Halloween falls midweek, and I'd have a difficult time justifying the heavy liddedness to work colleagues the following day. (See, it was a valid academic exercise - an international cabal of researchers decided to go right for the source...).

But if you do run into anyone wearing scrambled egg on their cap, pass on my regards and say I'm writing as fast as I can ;-)

Aug 29, 2000
Darlings- I was ready for my close-up Mr. DeMille. Have learned GOBS about making TV programmes, technical stuff, egos of divas, producers, directors, post-adolescent would-be stars, etc and can say the whole bit is TOO tiresome, Takes and retakes, sitting around for HOURS-being groped by audiomen-honestly! Two handsome brutes grappling power packs and wires and microphones up the front and back of my corset. They had just finished manhandling Vanessa Williams (who pulled HER dress right up over her head to get "miked"- and Oprah (who did NOT)-so I felt in noble company. The 6 "kids" were tired and fractious-am not to reveal the plot or particulars- I had to sign confidentiality clauses- but I will say the cast is for January's Real World, "my" episode will not air until NEXT summer- probably July. I have NEVER worked harder (shades of high school English teacher days) getting something good "in the can"- we wrapped at 1:30 AM after 12 grueling hours- and got to bed at 3 am. Working with the Discovery Channel was infinitely MORE pleasurable- and that at sea on a rocking ship. The Ouija Board DID loosen up the petulant cast- along with a full-moonlit trip to the cemetery (had to get the MAYOR to open it.) Titanic did crop up in the conversation ( trying toget back on subject Phil!)- mostly they wanted to discuss Leo. Sigh....

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Count me in for the Shelley Chez Borden tour...<<

Hi Inger, as Lizzie herself would say, be careful what you axe for. You may get it!
mad.gif

MOOOOOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cordially,
Michael "The Slasher" Standart

Aug 29, 2000
The 60's hit by the Chad Mitchell Trio (with John Dever) called "You can't chop your Poppa up in Massachusetts" ( which I sang with gusto for the MTV folks-oh dear....) and also the lyrics for Down With the Old Canoe and Dance Band on the Titanic can be found here (Harry Chapin). A great site for other disaster folk tunes. Hope this link works. Scroll down to all the juicy links on the site
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/parton/2/titan14.html

Jul 14, 2000
So far I have a count of 3, (including myself).
We need two more folks to jump on over-board, er, I mean on board!

Yuri

Inger Sheil

Feb 9, 1999
Someone is going to have to tape the Borden House Shelley Extravaganza for me...this sounds like an epic and a half!

Curiously, I've come across three separate stories in which a breath of the supernatural whispers through concerning the family of one of the Titanic's crew. All quite different, but one of them was part of testimony given at a coronial inquest! Not that I endorse any of them, of course...

Am bitterly disappointed I'm not going to make the Hallow's Eve gathering - but as I live so near the home turf of Jack the Ripper (although no longer across the road from where one of his victims died and was supposed to 'walk' on the anniversary of her death as I used to), perhaps that's a good thing...

~ Ing

Status
Not open for further replies.