Eva Hart photos

Jul 7, 2002
I just returned from Chicago where I saw Titanic: the New Exhibition. It was wonderful; definitely worth the trip.

After watching the Imax Titanica, which features Eva Hart and photos of her with her teddy bear on Titanic, one of my friends asked me a good question: where did those photos come from? How did they survive the sinking?

The photos are clearly Titanic. They include Eva and her bear on a promenade deck, Eva and a French Bull dog on a promenade deck, and Eva's bear on her bed in their cabin.

Does anybody know how the photos survived? I'm guessing Eva's mother grabbed the camera before they got into a life boat (maybe because of her famous preminition?), but that's only a guess.

I'd appreciate any info.

Cathy

May 8, 2001
Cathy. I believe they were superimposed onto a photo of Titanic (or Olympic) to add to the effect of her storyline.
(Example) Eva Hart didn't know what sort of dog she befriended on the Titanic, and it took her years to find out. Had she had that photo, she could have just taken it to some pedigree person and known right away.

Jul 7, 2002
Colleen,

That's certainly a possibility. Do you know of any sources which dicuss Eva Hart in detail (and might include pictures)?

Cathy

Mar 15, 2001
Cathy, check out "Shadow of the Titanic". Its Eva Hart's autobiography. You may be able to order it from the Titanic Historical Society.

Mar 15, 2001
That was a great website loaded with photographs of Eva Hart. However, I just wonder what she would have thought about a pub being named after her. Miss Hart was the first survivor I remember being interviewed. It was the show "In Search Of" with Leonard Nemoy. I wrote Miss Hart in 1995 and she sent me an autographed postcard. I will always think of her and what a special person she was.

Jul 7, 2002
Greg, thanks for sharing that wonderful site!

Darren, what a nice way to remember Eva. I wish I could have met her. She seems like a wonderful lady.

Cathy

A

Adam Tarzwell

I always loved seeing Eva Hart interviewed. She seemed like such a grand lady and really was the last survivor to give accurate first hand accounts of the disaster correct? At least the only one who would talk about it. Milvina Dean only knew what her mother had told her.

Jul 7, 2002
Looking back at my post which started this thread, I am embarrassed at my total cluelessness. I've learned a lot in the last few years.
happy.gif

Best wishes,

Cathy

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
The curse of the re-opened thread, Cathy. There are more than a few old postings of mine on this forum that I hope will never see the light of day again! :)