Exactly how many Titanic crew members served on Britannic

Feb 14, 2011
As far as I know Violet Jessup, John Priest and Archie Jewell were the only Titanic crewmembers/survivors who would go on to serve on-and survive-Britannic.

But a chum insisted there were others that served on both ships as well. Is this true, or were Jessup, Priest and Jewell the only Titanic survivors on the Britannic?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hello Stacey-
Welcome to the board!
Do you know if your great-grandfather ever wrote or was interviewed at length about his dual shipwrecks? Or if he kept in touch with survivors from either?
Very best
Mike

Apr 8, 2005
Hi Mike,

I'm not sure. I'll try & get hold of my uncle this evening and ask him.

I know Walter went to the BBC in the 50s/60s for an interview/documentary about the Titanic so I don't know if it was mentioned then.

I would be interested to find footage of the documentary if anybody can advise me as to how to get hold of this I'd really appreciate it.

Stacey

Mike Poirier

Dec 31, 2004
Hi Stacey
Have you contacted BBC directly? They may be willing to help considering that you are a relative. I do know they have a website as
they helped me with some Lusitania material.
Mike

Apr 8, 2005
Hi Mike,

As I post more often you'll realise that common sense can be a bit thin on the ground when I'm involved!!

I've just sent the BBC archives an email and will keep everybody posted as and when I hear anything.

Thanks again.

Stacey

Ralph Dellar

May 10, 2004
Arthur William BARRINGER (First Class Saloon Steward on RMS Titanic) also served on the Adriatic, Britannic, Olympic (and did not survive). This was according to one of his Obituaries in the Cambridge newspapers of the time (as found on this website) that listed several other ships as well on which he served as a saloon steward or some other capacity. He was one of several older brothers (and older sisters) of my grandmother.