Exhibit In Tampa at MOSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
While I was in Tampa a few weeks ago, I found a newspaper article announcing that the Artifact Exhibit will be opening at the MOSI - Museum of Science and Industry - in Tampa, Florida on October 4th. As many of you know, this exhibit made its "maiden voyage" in St. Petersburg in 1998 to record crowds of over 800,000. I'm looking forward to attending this exhibit as often as I can afford to (hotels are pricey in that area and it's a five hour drive for me).
If that isn't exciting enough, I have it on good authority that the exhibit may also come to Miami! That's only a 90 minute drive!

Kyrila

Matt Smith

Feb 24, 1998
The Exhibit is in Detroit now. I got to see it. I think you will be very happy when you see it. If you want to know more about it go to the thread Detroit Science Center Exhibit.

Matt

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Still waiting on confirmation regarding Miami. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, Simon, I see that you live in Davie. I'm in West Palm Beach! Please email me privately for some exciting local news.

Kyrila

T

T.J. Couch

Greetings,

I am the Operations Manager at MOSI (Tampa’s Museum of Science and Industry) and I thought I would contribute a few points to the discussion. The exhibit we have on display is produced by Clear Channel Exhibitions and is considered their “A” — or largest show. I believe they have 3 -4 different shows on tour. The exhibit, which we open on October 4, was previously in Boston, Chicago, Phoenix, and most recently, Los Angeles and will be making a trip across the pond to Glasgow after its run at MOSI. To my knowledge this is the only stop booked for the south-eastern United States.

This version of the exhibit features the largest Titanic artifact ever recovered and conserved — 24’ foot long, 15 ton section of the hull that formed the outer wall of 2 cabins on C deck. It is affectionately called “the big piece.”

In addition to the exhibit, we are offering “Ghosts of the Abyss” and “Titanica” in the IMAX Dome Theatre at MOSI. For details please visit mosi.org or feel free to email me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.