1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

Fate of Douglas Wolley

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Q & A and Information' started by Logan Geen, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Logan Geen

Logan Geen Member

Does anyone have any insight as to what became of Douglas Wolley, the ecentric English laundry dyer who talked about raising the Titanic in the 1970s? I haven't been able to find in any books any hint of his fate (E & H stated in T & T that "little has been heard since"). It would be interesting to know what became of him and particularly what his reactions were to the discovery and recent research. Just wondering if anyone had any insight. He's another little mentioned figure today but an interesting one!

Tags:
  2. Hi Logan. Woolley published a book with Clive Amphlett in 1998 called 'Titanic-One Man's Dream'. The UK ISBN is 0 9533175 0 1, but I'm afraid I don't know if it is still in print. Hope this helps,

Mandy

3. Paul Lee

Paul Lee Member

4. dunebat

dunebat Member

I realize I'm rather late to the party, but I'd love to know the fate of Mr. Woolley as well. I've seen a post he fired off regarding his claims back in 2013, but I've heard little else from him since then, and the above-linked website for SW Salvors only offers a "This page cannot be reached" error now. Any word on whether or not the wile Mr. Woolley is still dreaming of salvaging the Titanic?

5. Bob Godfrey

Bob Godfrey Member

He's still around and still dreaming. You can check out his Facebook pages.

6. dunebat

dunebat Member

Thanks, Bob!