Father Browne's Album of Ships and Shipping

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Not a Titanic book but I'm sure it will be of interest. I've just spotted Father Browne's Album of Ships and Shipping in the shops down under. It's a helluva price but it's full of shots of ships, their crews, passengers and so on.

There is more biographical detail on Browne. I knew he had a Military Cross and Bar but he also had the Croix de Guerre from both France and Belgium. He was quite a man!

May 7, 2006
Dave, Almost bought that one myself until I turned it over and saw the price. It is a lovely book though and would make a great addition to my Library. Better start dropping hints for my birthday. I've noticed quite a few Father Browne books in the stores and managed to pick up Father Brownes Australia for under $10.

Mar 28, 2002
Saw Father Browne's "England" (or was it Britain?) last night for £5.99. I only know one Father Browne so my attention was immediately drawn to it. The back cover said "Ireland" would be out next. As he embarked on a motoring tour of Ireland after leaving the Titanic, would the photos have been taken on this trip? (I know they returned to London in May 1912 for the memorial service).

Cheers,

Boz