Favourite White Star Line Liner

James Hill

Feb 20, 2002
which ONE is yours mines isnt Titanic its the...
Baltic
i dont know why shes my favourite theres just something about her.for your favourite Cunard Liner visit my other thread.

D

Daniel Odysseus

I always liked Britannic... I almost feel sorry for it. It never was a luxury liner, like its sisters, and the short life it had wasn't spectacular (at least Titanic had the fanfare, etc. when it left port... Britannic had nothing). And, even today, Britannic isn't famous...

Britannic's interiors should have been one of the nicest ever, with the pipe organ, etc. I wish she would've been able to see the White Star service.

-D.O.

Neil McRae

Apr 16, 2001
I feel somewhat of an affinity for the Olympic. She had succeeded where her sisters had failed. For most of her life, she was the only one of her kind afloat. It's almost sad, in a way. I've often lamented that she should have been placed in a museum somewhere. I realize the circumstances and lack of foresight made that impossible but can't help but wonder about the spectacular attention she would receive today if she had.

Aug 10, 2002
I've always enjoyed looking at the Big Four , but my all time favorites are the Olympic class. I like their lines. As opposed to modern cruise ships they at least looked like a ship.
Charlie

D

Daniel Odysseus

Yeah, I agree. In my opinion, a real "ship" should look more like Titanic than it does. There's something about the black hull/ white superstructure, and tall smokestacks that really make it look divine.

J

Jemma Hyder

My favourite is prob Oceanic II, most of the crew I'm interested in seem to have held a particular affection for her too.

happy.gif

P

Patricia Bowman Rogers Winship

I'm with you, Jemma, as far as the Oceanic II is concerned. Lightoller really loved that ship-- wrote a nice tribute to her in his book, and risked his neck to salvage her clock the day she was wrecked. When Jeff Newman publishes the Bell Album, you will see some wonderful shots of her decks and interiors.

Pat W.

A

Alyson Jones

Every time i want to post on a thread i never posted on before,the last post is always years and years before,kind of embrassing lol.

My fav is the Oylimpic class liners!Thats why i'm on a Oylimpic class forum.

Regards