FEBRUARY 2 2008 BIRTHDAY WISHES

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
Just a reminder to everyone: as you enjoy this weekend, whether it be celebrating:
1. Ground Hog Day;
2. The Chinese New Year (February 7th);
3. CARNIVALE; or
4. MARDI GRAS (February 5th, aka "Super Tuesday" in many of the States here in the US, this year),
Just remember to also take time to raise a toast of your favorite beverage, either alone or with friends and/or family members, for:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MILLVINA DEAN!!!

Hopefully it will be a joyous day for her.

Nov 10, 2006
Many sincere loving wishes to Millvina for her 96th birthday. Enjoy your day filled with all the happiness you deserve with those you hold dear along with thoughts of warm and sunny days.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Millvina turns 96 on Saturday 2 February.

I daresay Brian Ticehurst will let us know how she is.

John Clifford

Nov 12, 2000
It is now officially FEBRUARY 2, 2008 in England.

Time to raise our glasses (I have a glass of Charles Shaw - "$2 Chuck" - Cabernet Sauvignon) and send out Birthday Wishes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MILLVINA DEAN!!!

96 YEARS YOUNG!!!

"For she's a wonderful lady!!! And so say all of us"!!!

CHEERS TO MILLVINA!!!

Jul 4, 2007
Hello to all, I suppose that all of you know that Millvina (born Elizabeth Gladys) Dean is the LAST of the living Titanic survivors. Perhaps you didn't know that February 2nd, 2008 will be her 96th birthday. She is at a nursing home and if anyone would like to send her a birthday card, you can address to her at: UK Best regards, Bruce wsl1869@aol.com

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted as a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing Ms. Dean's birthday. MAB]

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Absolutely, Dave...I didn't even notice that. Thanks for the heads-up.

Mr. Tompkins, it is extremely bad form to publicize ANYONE's home address (or personal email address, for that matter), let alone Ms. Dean's. Do not do it again.

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Nice work, Mark!

I fear some people don't appreciate that there is a idiot fringe to Titanicdom, such as the clown who sent her that baseball last year.

Aug 2, 2006
A very happy birthday to Millvina.

I sent her a small parcel a few days ago. Then today I called the Nursing Home asking them to pass on to her a message of birthday wishes. They asked me if I would like to say that to her myself. My answer was no doubt YES. She was familiar with me through the little things I send to her. She said "I have so many flowers and cards that they have all run amuck and I don't know who has sent what." She also said some Spanish visitors came this morning and now she is having a nice lunch with family and friends. Then she asked if I ever come to England to come visit and that she had to go because she was about to toast some champagne for her birthday. She sounded very cheery.

Grant

May 1, 2004
A very happy birthday to Ms. Dean from the snowy, slushy wilds around Scarborough, Ont. I hope she is warm and the snow, if snow she sees, looks pretty. It's actually not so ugly here. The snow on the trees is very Christmas card like; but I do not like wading through it over my ankles and climbing over ridges as high as my knees to get into the bus. Still, the helpful spirit persists. Two kind men helped me, a blind man and a small woman over the hump and we slid, leaped and got on without injury. I suppose getting into a lifeboat is worse, but I would not care for it.
Many joyous days to you, Ms. Dean.

Nov 1, 2005
Today mark's the 95th birthday of a good friend...Millvina Dean...Happy birthday my friend. I would like to say that while I was your event coordinator in 1999, I enjoyed every moment and will never forget that moment. I hope you're doing fine and will call you soon. I wish you another 96 years and health. I still remember that great sallad and dinner you made me while at your home. Thank you so much for your hospitality. It was truly a pleasure to meet Bruno Nordmanis and hear him play his instrument. Love you guys always

Perry

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally posted to a thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread discussing Ms. Dean's birthday. MAB]