Ferry Collision 1993

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2002
Does anyone have any information regarding the collision in the Solent between the then Brittanny Ferries ship, Duchess Anne and p&0s Pride of Winchester - they collided holing the pride but I can find no information or pictures regarding it?

Paul Rogers

Jun 1, 2000
West Sussex, UK
Hi Greg.

A Google search got me this site, which provides information and photos of Pride of Winchester. Meanwhile, this site has some amateur photos of Duchess Anne, about the only ones I could find.

Another site told me that the collision occurred on the 25th September 1993 in the English Channel, but that's all the information I could find. Hope it's of some use.

Noel F. Jones

May 14, 2002
Suggest you search the MAIB site.

For hard copy the UK monthly Shipping Today and Yesterday routinely publishes MAIB selected accident investigation reports.

The definitive source is Lloyds Casualty Reports which I believe are published annually. I note you're in Glasgow. You'll need a co-operative librarian!

If it's pictures you want you could try the local press. Or you could request a viewing of the relevant P & I Club or underwriters' dossiers but that's serious research stuff!

Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.