Film's jewelry

Jun 4, 2003
Can anyone tell me whether the jewels in the film are fake or real and whether the authentic or reproductions of them can be seen or bought on the web? i believe they were great and they match the film's era quite a bit. Also, how come Rose's jewels are on and off between scenes? In some scenes she wears many and in the next one some are missing (e.g. after the first dinner scene her necklace is missing when she tries to jump afterwards). Is it because of deleted scenes or what? George ...

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
I once found a Titanic Jewelry website on Google, and I bookmarked it, but it has since either closed or the web address got hijacked. But they had every piece of jewelry worn by all the principle actresses and minor actresses, such as Madeleine Astor and the Countess of Rothes. Maybe if you try the Google search engine you can find it again and contact them.

Kyrila

Jul 12, 2003
I would definitely be interested in finding that jewelry site...if it still exists...I do jewelry designing as a hobby and I sell to TV/Movies so it would be a great site to view things closer.

Apr 11, 2001
Ashley, Walmart's used to have one for about 12 dollars. I see them on EBAY all the time. Of course the special edition movie version with certificate is the pricey one. There are a flood of knock-offs, repros, etc. on the market. I would hit Ebay first, then you can enter the Google.com arena.

Jul 12, 2003
Go to www.info.com and type in "Heart of the Ocean" using the quotes. Go to the first or second site. You will find a replica on sale for about $18 using Austrian crystals.

Be sure to use the quotes in the topic or the search will not be just for the necklace but for hearts, oceans, etc.

K

Ksenia Grigorieva

Hello Ashley,

you can contact the glass and jewellery factory in Jablonec, Czhech Republic. I've searched the net and here're its coordinates:
http://www.glass.cz/detail.asp?id=191&lang=en

I know that they produced the copy of "The Heart of the Ocean". But, unfortunately, I saw it in a jewellery shop in Prague in 1999, so I cannot guarantee that they have this item for sale nowadays. Maybe they have a possibility of ordering it via post.

Paul Lee

Aug 11, 2003
I was surprised to learn, at the Newcastle leg of the Titanic Exhibition that the Heart of the Ocean is actually based on a real piece of jewelry that was on the ship (although the central diamond - I think it was a sapphire - was much smaller).

Cheers

Paul
--
http://www.paullee.com

Jan 28, 2003
If it had been much smaller - and a sapphire - then it would have been much lovelier. I'm afraid I go with old Rose on this one - a horrible, heavy thing.

Jul 12, 2003
I agree Monica....as pretty as the design of the necklace is, it is way too big...although it probably would make a good weapon...LOL.

Apr 10, 2010
George, the reason for the jump between scenes is becuase there is a missing scene in between where Rose tries to undress herself and can't, getting frustrated she ripps her necklace off and then she runs to the fantail of the ship. You can see this deleted scene in the special edition 10th Anniversary release of the film.