Finding a Marconi officer frock coat repro or equivalent

• Thread starter Marshall Hackett
  • Start date

M

Marshall Hackett

Greetings,

This wanna-be Marconi Officer has a CQD.

I am in the process of re-creating a Marconi Company uniform. These were the basic officer uniforms, but with a Marconi badge on the cap, and Marconi buttons on the frock coat. I have found reproduction cap and badge (yes, it's sweet!) and I am acquiring the buttons. My need is for the frock coat.

My question: does anyone know were to find a reproduction of the officer frock coat (or a similar design)? Modern uniform frock coats have distinctly different cuts--especially along the chest--they are cut like standard business suits. The article written by John Hemmert shows someone in a faithful reproduction of Captain Smith's long frock coat. Officers generally wore frock coats mid-thigh in length, but that's no problem. One like his would do, as well.

Thanks, my friends, for any help you can offer!

Marshall

[Moderator's Note: This post, originally posted in an unrelated topic, has been moved to the one discussing the same subject. JDT]

M

Marshall Hackett

Greetings,

I am in the process of re-creating a Marconi Company uniform. These were the basic officer uniforms, but with a Marconi badge on the cap, and Marconi buttons on the frock coat. I have the cap (with badge) and I am acquiring the buttons. My

My question: does anyone know were to find a reproduction of the officer frock coat (or a similar design)? Modern uniform frock coats have distinctly different cuts--especially along the chest.

Thanks!

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in another topic, has been moved to this thread involving the same request. MAB]