Fireman Richard Hosgood

Paul Rogers

I discovered today that one of my colleagues is a relative of Richard Hosgood, a fireman who died in the sinking. His bio can be found here on this site.

I found it quite an eerie experience, realising that someone I've known for some time is actually related to a crew member! I don't know if my colleague knows much about Richard Hosgood over and above what's detailed in his bio, but I'll be sure to ask him when we next meet. If I find out any interesting stuff, I'll post it here.

Regards,
Paul.

Paul,
Ref Richard Hosgood, I think there is a discrepancy with his address as I have:
Hosgood, Richard. 19 Woodley Road, Itchen, Southampton.
Recently a new memorial was erected in the Woolston area of Southampton called 'The Feathers 2000 Memorial Garden'and there is an inscribed brick there commemorating Richard Hosgood.
Best regards

Brian

Paul Rogers

Thanks for the info Brian - I'll pass it on.

Richard Hosgood was my colleague's grandmother's brother. The family have always thought that Dick was unlucky in joining the ship at the last minute.

Regards,
Paul.

Last year, I entered my name on Yahoo's search engine and got to one of the Titanic'a many sites. I found out that a crewman, who worked below decks has the same name as I. I would appreciate if anyone can help me find out about any relatives I may have in the UK...thanks...Rich Hosgood, Sunrise Beach, Mo, USA

Hello Richard,

According to the Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund booklet of March 1913 Hosgood's Dependants were his widow: Edith May and two children Winifred Mary and Richard W.

Hope that helps,
Lester