First class corridors

• Thread starter Damian In fante Ledesma
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damian In fante Ledesma

Hi to everyone,
I just wondering for days ago about the configuration of the Titanic Corridors. In other discussions, I'm reading about the Styles of the Titanic Corridors. The Corridors between the two grand staircases have a more ornate panelling and the others Corridors of First Class Have a decoration like a Second or Third Class Corridor, with machined stiles and long plain panels. If the decoration in a room is more ornate than the corridor adjoining, (for example, the a, b, c, and d decks grand Staircases and the forward Corridors), these would be separated by doors, because, without this doors, the area not look so elegant (I Think) I Write this because if the forward corridors have a simple panelling, the d deck don't have door what separe its.My Conclusion is That the d Deck Corridors have the same panelling and carpeting that the reception room.
Anybody can take another theory? Please.
Thanks a lot for read this.
Damian Infante (Damien )

May 7, 2005
Here is a picture I have of the elevator foyer.
101230.jpg

Dec 7, 2000
All,

Only the B and C deck corridors between the two staircases were ornate. Likewise this was the only place where the ornate cabins were found as well. All other corridors, Boat down to E deck were the machined stiles and long plain panels, and all cabins adjoining these corridors were also plain.

Regards,

Daniel.

D

Daniel David Myers

wow, I learn something new on here every day! lol... Where do you get this information? I would love to know as much as Thomas Andrews! haha... Thanks for the info.

-Boone

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Where do you get this information?<<

Daniel's been poking around through any number of primary sources and period photographs as have a few other techies. I've been doing that myself from time to time. When you get down to it, much of the glitz and glamour of the Olympic class are more legend then reality. The most ornate cabins naturally tended to be the most expensive, but there were a substantial number that were not. Take a look at the cabins on the boat deck. They were First Class but were little more then plain rooms with a bed in it. They didn't even have their own bathrooms.

May 7, 2005
I just posted pics of the elevator foyer because I figured we could all make logical assumptions from the paneling.

Best Regards,
Cliff Johnson

D

Damian In fante Ledesma

Thanks a lot for the Information, pictures were very helpful.

D

Damian In fante Ledesma

The Second cLass staircase's (with the elevator) panelling is a machined stile example?
Thanks a lot,
Damian.

Nigel Bryant

Jan 14, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi,

Even the pannelling that was found in the least expenisve first-class class suites (ie the boat -deck cabins) was of the same design that was used to decorate the 2nd and 3rd class saterooms.

Nigel

Alex Watts

Mar 2, 2008
Hey,

Did all the first class cabin corridors on the Titanic look the same, for example would a first class corridor on B Deck be they same kind of decor as a first class corridor on E deck ?

Many thanks Alex.

Ben Lemmon

Feb 6, 2008
This looks like a job for - da-da-da-da - Lester Mitcham. Oi, Lester, you there?

I may be able to help, though there are others who are far more knowledgeable than me. From my research, I would think that First Class cabins on E deck were less luxurious than those on B deck. The ones on B deck had private promenades and they look a great deal larger. Judging by their luxuriousness, I would assume that their corridors were more luxurious. Added to that, some of the first class corridors could substitute as second class, you would assume that the corridors would be downgraded from the ones on B Deck.

To truly get an expert opinion, though, I would seek out and ask Lester if he doesn't answer in a few days' time.

If you want to look at some plans go to: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/titanic/explorer/explorer.html.

[Moderator's Note: This message and the one above it, originally a separate thread in a different topic, have been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

Alex Watts

Mar 2, 2008
Hey,

Were all first class cabin corridors the same, for example would a first class cabin corridor on B Deck be the same decor as a first cabin corridor on E Deck ?
Many thanks Alex

[Moderator's Note: This message, originally a separate thread in a different topic, has been moved to this pre-existing thread addressing the same subject. MAB]

Status
Not open for further replies.