First class entrance

P

Paul van Munster

Hi everybody!

Could someone tell me if the gates (on B-deck) and the doors (to the decks(outside)) of 1st class entrance were closed at night? And if the lights were on from AM to PM? I know the 'butlers' who usually opened the gates and doors didn't do that in the middle of the night, but were they closed?

Regards, Paul

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Eh? What gates? If you check the B-Deck Plans that are available on this site, I don't think you're going to find any unless you count the waist high gates leading down the ladders going to C-Deck.

P

Paul van Munster

Excuse me, I was mistaking...
I meant the doors to the 1st class entrance behind the lifts. They have a cast iron framework and I didn't know how to explain this (I'm from Holland)... So I called this gates (I couldn't find my dictionary)...

But, by the way... could you, or someone else answer my first question?

Sincerely,
Paul

p.s. If I don't mistake (again), these are the doors:

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Those look like plain old doors to me. I don't know if they were locked up at night, but I understand that the lights were usually put out at 11pm to encourage the passengers to go to bed.

R

Ricky B

Hi,

Were the first class B-Deck entrances on either side of the Grand Staircase accessible to passengers during the voyage? Or were the doors locked?

Many thanks :)