First Class Ladies

Dec 4, 1998
I need some more help. I believe I forgot to ask some of these things which have also been on my mind. What were the names of Mrs Virginia McDowell Clark's other husbands that she married? One of those names (the husband she married after Walter's death) was a Jack Tanner, as I was told. Otherwise, I am stumped on that one. (If anyone knows the name she had at her death, then I will be obliged to try and find some information in a public Los Angeles library, if that is where she died). And, for some of the gentlemen passenger's names, what was the full name of Samuel Goldenberg? Fred Kenyon? Manuel Uruchurtu? John Baumann? Much thanks to those who can help. Something I felt to note on the forum was Mrs Ryerson's marriage after her husband's death, which was Forsythe Sherfesee, a Chinese government official (her grandchildren called her Ri Ti Ti, Chinese for Grandmother. Information noted in Judith B Geller's 'Titanic: Women and Children First'). Again, any help would be much appreciated.

Dec 4, 1998
Does anyone know the full names of these certain First Class women: Mrs Alice Munger Silvey (later Mrs Richard S. Patrick); Mrs Nelle Stevenson Snyder; Mrs Olive Potter Earnshaw (later Mrs Allen P. Crolius); Miss Ellen Barber; Signiorina Albina Bazzani; Miss Amelia M. Bessette; Mrs Sarah Monypeny Beckwith (late Mrs Logan C. Newsom); Mme Rosalie Bidois; Mrs Bertha Griggs Chambers; Miss Harriet R. Crosby; Mrs Orian Hays Davidson (later Mrs Robert Newmarch Hickson); Mrs Vera Gillespie Dick (if she had a middle name, did it begin with an "R"?); Mrs Ruth Vidaver Dodge (what was her former husband's name?); Mrs Mahala Dutton Douglas; Mrs Mary McDougald Fortune; Mrs Clara Heinsheimer Frauenthal; Mrs Pauline Boeson Gibson (late Brown); Frau Edwiga 'Ella' Grabówska Goldenberg; Mrs Edith Junkins Graham; Mrs Blanche Strouse Greenfield; Mrs Dorothy Annan Harder; Mrs Myra Haxtun Harper; Mrs Irene 'René' Harris (and what were her three other husband's names?); Mrs Anna Andrews Hogeboom (what was her husband's middle name?); Mrs Marion Stauffer Kenyon; Mrs Gertrude Parsons Kimball (daughter of Mr William Barclay Parsons); Dr Alice Farnham Leader (wife of Dr John Leader); Fru Sigrid Posse Lindström; Mrs Elizabeth James Lines' husband's middle name; Mrs Leila Saks Meyer (later Mrs Louis Ranger); Miss Daisy E. Minahan; Mrs Lillian Thorpe Minahan (late Mrs Paul Lawrence, later Mrs Lee P. Kaull then Mrs C. D. Danielson); Misses Madeleine and Marjorie Newell; Mrs Edith Wearne Pears (later Mrs D. V. Crowe); Mrs Elizabeth Barrett Rothschild (awarded the Papal Distinguished Merit Cross in 1941 by Pope Pius XII, having related the story, told by a Titanic historian, that she baptised her husband, Martin (what was his full name?), who was a thorough Jew, before leaving the Titanic with her Pomeranian); Fraulein Emma Sägesser; Mlle Auguste Serreplan; Miss Elizabeth W. Shutes; Mrs Marie Eugenie Spencer; Mrs Martha Eustis Stephenson; Mrs Mathilde 'Tillie' Mandelbaum Taussig; Miss Ruth Taussig; Miss Annie Ward; Mrs Ella Holmes White; Mrs Mary Hitchcock Wick; Mrs Eleanor Elkins Widener (later Mrs Alexander Hamilton Rice).

That is, if these women and certain men mentioned had full names. Much, much thanks to all who can help me in this area, and if you know the full names of certain men, IE Mr Fred R. Kenyon or Dr D. V. Crowe, second and final husband of Edith Wearne, I thank you.