First Class Lounge model

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
I have built a model of the Lounge and recently took a pic of it....it is just about finished after countless months of work.
Damon

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
Here is a pic looking forward and another looking aft.

114104.jpg

Damon

Reactions: 1 users

Sean Hankins

May 15, 2004
Wow, between you and Frank we could have a really nice walk through of first class with models. Amazing........

Great Work!

James Birkin

Dec 1, 2005
Hi Damon
Your model looks great. Ive never seen anyone make a model of the lounge before. What scale is it? And what wood did you use? I see you have added all of the carving on the wall panels. It looks like the real thing. Did you make the chairs and tables?
James.

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
Your model is so real, it is haunting. I have been toying around with the idea of building a 1/4 scale model of the boat deck and a deck of Britannic's (never completed) grand staircase. Great work!!!

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
Hi Alexander. I'm glad you like it. I am part way through doing the First Class Smoking Room as well, but I haven't touched it at all this year...this is the longest period I have gone in years without doing any Titanic modelling....I just can't seem to get into the mood for it...maybe I will do some in the next couple of months now that all the other projects this year have wound up...I might have time to do some more!
Damon

A

Alexander John Cooley

I do hope to see the smoking room that you are doing. After seeing your lounge I know that when you are cooking up the first class smoking room you are cooking up something good.

Hi Damon ..
Their model is really excellent, rich in detail, that is what we call a total dedication ...
I have passion for marine models, especially when it is related to the Titanic with my performance, also developed a model of the Titanic, drawn up on paper of different weights, with 165 cm, until it is in a good size for models, but I am still dissatisfied , And I want to do with a 340 cm in length ... a bit too much, but my desire speaks louder .. I then develop models of public rooms of the first class, full size, of course ... I would like to see more photos of your model's Lounge, it would be possible? now I thank and congratulate you for your performance with total dedication!
hugs

Jun 10, 1999
Damon: Outstanding work, I am not much of an interior modeler, I am primarily an exterior guy. However, I have just completed my REVELL Titanic model after nine-years of on and off work. Which included, dremmel out 3/4's of portholes, install light, re-shaped the skylight to illuminate sun-deck, rigging & funnel stays (That was tough!), a custom made gold band. And, being a perfectionist, a near perfect job of painting. I even went as far as to make a *white monster*. I should have a digital camera and scanner soon, so will post pictures. Also I have a beautiful original painting of the first-class lounge that an artist/Titanic friend of mine, Larry McKee of Oregon, rendered.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hi Alexander. I'm glad you like it. I am part way through doing the First Class Smoking Room as well, but I haven't touched it at all this year...this is the longest period I have gone in years without doing any Titanic modelling....I just can't seem to get into the mood for it...maybe I will do some in the next couple of months now that all the other projects this year have wound up...I might have time to do some more!
Damon
Your Lounge is INCREDIBLE. Did you carve the wood? I make models too and will post pics soon enough. I'm having a photographer take pics cause I'm horrible at it. I've done a 1st class parlor suite and now I am making the Reading and Writing room. I want to do the Lounge next but would love to pick your brain! How did you do the stained glass windows and the central light fixture? Usually I make everything but the lights esp. I usually buy. Did you craft it together somehow?

Also, for the Smoking Room which I consider the White Whale of models, how do you plan on doing the mother of pearl inlay in the wood?

Mark Baber

Jul 4, 2000
Eugene, don't be surprised if you don't get a response from Damon Hill. The message you're responding to is over ten years old and its author has not posted here since 2010.

Reactions: 1 user

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
Eugene, don't be surprised if you don't get a response from Damon Hill. The message you're responding to is over ten years old and its author has not posted here since 2010.
I knew it has been a few years since I posted (Facebook is easier for me these days lol) but I had no idea it was 9 years ago :(