First Class Lounge

I

Ivan Kesegić

I was just looking at lounge question in this section and I wonder, what is the situation with lounge room...are some artifacts founded or around wreck from lounge room?
Also, is there anyone who has some pictures from lounge furniture, chandeliers and textures?

Ivan

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
Some of the wall sconces have been seen in the debris field from the lounge as well as the statue that sat upon the mantelpiece. Sections of windows have been discovered too. The largest intact piece of debris is the section of panelling that once adorned the wall above the forward entrance. This item was found floating in the sea and was recovered by one of the ships sent out to recover the bodies of the victims.

Shel Cooper

Nov 8, 2013
AZ/LA
The lounge collapsed upon impact, blowing out the remainder of it's contents that weren't lost during the breakup. However, the forward wall should be standing, and in front of that is the reading/writing room which should still be somewhat intact. The large windows were blown in so it should be accessible.

Jane Smith

Aug 16, 2018
What happened to the chandelier in the lounge? Was that found in the debris field? Destroyed or still attached to the lounge ceiling?

JJAstorII

Mar 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The Lounge's ceiling completely collapsed when the ship broke up so it's definitely not still attached. My best guess would be that since it was largely cut glass that when the freezing water touched it (before the breakup) all the bulbs and domes would've exploded. This is why you don't see any of the glass from the chandeliers in the Reception Area as well. Since these lights were on all the time they would've been burning hot when the collision happened. So in conclusion there's probably some brass and "parts" of the grand chandelier at the bottom of the ocean but it's probably mostly unrecognizable.