First Person Survivor Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2003
Maybe this has been done already, but I should very much like to see a comprehensive volume of first person accounts by survivors only (other than Bride, Beesley etc.) There is so much information on ET alone that surely some of this could be collated and published?

I get very tired of authorial intervention and would much rather read about Titanic by the people who actually saw it. A sensitive editor would be required! Is anybody out there up for the job?

Mike Poirier

Dec 12, 1999
Hello Anthony-
Probably one of my favorites is by Elmer Taylor. It is very lengthy and filled with wonderful details. Yes, it is a shame when someone uses the same accounts- over and over again.
Mike

Jan 7, 2002
It would be nice if there could be a 'volume 2' of Jack winnicour's 'Story of the Titanic as Told by its Survivors'.
His book compiled the accounts of Beesley, Gracie, Lightoller and Bride.

How about a volume 2 with the accounts of Dodge, Thayer, (Frank) Prentice, Hart and (edith) Russel?

regards

Tarn Stephanos

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
I like Violet Jessop's account of the sinking as well as her life before and after.

However, hers is more of a biography, told to another writer (name escapes me...it is listed as an autobiography though)

Very little is about the Titanic....the rest is of her life. It is an interesting story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.