Flame Warriors A Primer

J

John M. Feeney

I'd posted this link in another thread, sight unseen, then realized it was FAR too rich to leave buried. It should probably be considered required reading for all new (and a few old) entrants to this "arena".

(Phil Hind, I'd especially recommend you begin with "Nanny" and work from there.)

Flame Warriors

Enjoy!

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

John, you wouldn't happen to have a complete URL for this site, would you? This is something I'd like to bookmark. Those cartoons are a scream by the way.
Happy

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

J

John M. Feeney

Hi, Michael:

This should be imbedded in the link above, if I understand you correctly, but here's the full URL: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html

Is that what you meant? Or perhaps a "Main Page" for Mike Reed? (I believe that's his name.) That I couldn't locate, though the "Sketchbook", etc. links on the Flame Warriors page do get you around indirectly to other examples of his work.

Those *are* quite a hoot, eh? I stayed up till I was bleery-eyed last night just guffawing through them! :^)

Cheers!

Michael H. Standart

Michael H. Standart

Thanks John. That's what I was after. LOVED that Nettiquete Nazi. That one was a hoot!

Cordially,
Michael H. Standart

Fiona Nitschke

Fiona Nitschke

Uh oh,

Hope we're not gonna resort to usenet (ab)usage.

IKYABWAI!
Crazy

Kewl cartoons, thanks for the link John.

Cheers,

F

J

John M. Feeney

Hi, Fiona: I almost dread to ask, but what's the translation? (Never saw that one.) ;^)

J

John M. Feeney

Fiona: OK, I'll guess. Hope it's not actually obscene or something:

"I Know You've All Been Waiting And Impatient"
(Sort of like some us regarding some recent weighty allegations here.)
Wink

Do I win?
Happy

Fiona Nitschke

Fiona Nitschke

Nah.

John,

You posted a visual guide to usenet users so how could I help but reciprocate with the standard abusenet response to (l)users?
Wink

See this rather humourless jargon glossary for further info (sorry, the 'good' one is off-line at the mo.) If you want to see IKYABWAI in glorious technicolour and all its nuances you need to hang out in the NANA* hierarchy (particularly NANAU last I saw it) or any newsgroup with a title including 'flame'. And too many others to mention here.

Ah, memories of a misspent youth.

Sigh. HAND.
Wink

F

Oh no, that noise to signal ratio's just risen again...

J

John M. Feeney

Fiona: Usenet? -- Where'd you get that idea?? (See "Nanny" et al. on that site.)

The gist of the humor there is far more suggestive of Message Board dynamics! Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted it here.
Wink

Cheers!
John Feeney

Fiona Nitschke

Fiona Nitschke

Hello there John,

Uh oh. Sorry, I don't seem to have been posting in universal English lately do I? Seems to be an increasing level of misunderstandings here, so it's probably time for me to stop before I cause any more.
Happy

Phil - BOFH? In your dreams, mate, in your dreams. Although your evil attitude towards heroic dead cats has been noted for use against you at a future date.
Wink

Cheers,

F

J

John M. Feeney

Phil: ROTFLMAO!

I vigorously applaud your commendably delf-deprecating sense of humor there -- Stout fellow!!! I had no idea what that "BOFH" meant till I looked in Fiona's link for it (Thanks, Fi!). Hee hee.
Happy

But seriously, that "Nanny" illustration in the Flame Warriors link bore such a hilariously remarkable resemblance to what I perceived you might occasionally look like.
Wink

Bravo, Phil!