Floor Tiles

Robert Berg

Jan 2, 2005
Does anyone know which company made the red/white, white/red, green/white, and white/green linoleum floor tiles as found on Olympic and Titanic? I recently purchased a few of these and was looking for more info on them.

Nigel Bryant

Aug 1, 2010
Wellington, New Zealand
Hi,

I think they were made by the interior design team at Harland and Wolff , but this is only a guess. Alot of other period vessels built at that yard had similar tile patterns. Alot of Titanic's fittings were not just exclusive to her but were used on a range of other liners owned by different companies.

Regards,

Nigel

Dec 7, 2000
I think the tiles, like many of her fittings (chandeliers, door knobs, brass beds) were bought from the company that manufactured them. The Olympic's catalogue makes reference to "Greenwich" tiles, which is a linoleum tile making company from the period. I don't know if they made all the patterns or just some of them. And it may even be that they were responsible for making the tiles installed on Olympic after the war.

Daniel.

Adam E

Dec 30, 2018
Greetings, I am doing a 1/350 Titanic model built to show Olympic post 1913 refit. I am doing it so that the boat deck lifts off to expose a complete view of A-deck. I need some template for the tiles in the corrider forward of the grand staircase. The hall that lead to the cabins on A-deck. I already have the rest of the flooring. Just cant find that one. I even found a 3D printing buddy to make tiny chairs and tables to scale. Along with the fireplaces and bookcase in lounge. Thanks

(Obviously not done yet)
20191006_164602.jpg
20190930_093551.jpg
20190930_091907_HDR.jpg