Florida Titanic Sites

Mar 15, 2001
Besides the Ship of Dreams exhibit in Orlando, are there any other Titanic related sites in Florida? Are there any prominent Titanic passengers buried in Florida?

Brian Meister

Mar 1, 2001
Darren,

Arthur Carl Olsen is buried in Royal Palm
Cemetery there in St Pete.
I first visited the grave a decade ago while
visiting my aunt and uncle. It is very near
the office(?) as I recall.

Happy Hunting!

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Darren, I think another survivor was buried in Lake Wales, about an hour east of St. Pete, although I can't remember the name at present. And if you REALLY want to explore Titanic survivor grounds, come on down to West Palm Beach and we'll explore the haunts of Madeleine Astor, the Pillsbury-Snyders, the Speddens, the Carters, the Thayers and others. Also, when you attend the TSOD in Orlando, ask them if they've decided on a new location for the museum yet, or if they've extended their lease again?

Kyrila

Jan 29, 2001
Kyriia,

Sounds so inapproriate..."I think another survivor was buried in..."

Reflections of a childhood joke...

"If a plane crashed on the U.S./Canadian border, then where would they bury the survivors?"

MAC
USA
(Of course they are going to bring them home)

Mar 15, 2001
Kyrila, I asked a lady in the gift shop and she said that the lease had been signed for another year. I wish I could have met up with you. I was in West Palm Beach Tuesday.

Jan 5, 2001
the best merchandise is in the Ship of Dreams exhibit in Orlando, the china and glass are only there. My question is, If I can buy It online.

Thanks

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Sandro, try www.emerch.com and click on their Titanic section for a wide variety of products. Whenever I've visited the TSOD gift shop, I've found several goodies to bring home each time. I'm surprised you only found china and crystal. You can also find items at www.titanic-inc.com, and if you do a Google search for Titanic merchandise, you'll find things. Ebay is another good source.
Darren, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet as well. But I'm glad to hear the museum is in Orlando for a little while longer; although I suspect they're waiting for construction to be completed on their new home as there is lots of new buildings going up around CityPlace, which was John Joslin's and Paul Burns' favorite location here. At least that's what I'm hoping is the reason!!! :)
Michael, it took a moment, but I finally caught on!

Kyrila

Debbie Clow

Feb 27, 2006
I am new to this site, so bear with me as I navigate. I live in Southwest Florida and I saw an awesome exhibit in St Pete several years ago. I wasn't Titanic savy at the time, and still quite the "newbie". The answer is not clear to me, or is possibly different from the previous answer. Where would one go to find another Titanic exhibit? BTW..glad I found this site... It would seem as though I found a place to help me find the missing pieces to my understanding of the subject.

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Hi, Debbie,

You'll find a permanent exhibit of Titanic located in Orlando on International Drive. In fact, every April 14th they have an anniversary tour in the evening for select guests and guests are encouraged to come in costume and assume the role of one of the passengers or crew. I myself will be attending as Mrs. Renee Harris, as I did last year. This year promises to be very exciting with some brand new exhibits and a special guest.

Email me for more information.

Kind regards,
Kyrila Scully