Frank Hubert Maybery seeking family

Lesley Miller

Mar 21, 2008
I am a Sinnock descendent and doing genealogical research on the family and would very much like to contact any of the people who posted the details of Frank's life on the 2nd Class Passenger List.

Lesley

Paul Hadfield

Oct 11, 2019
Leicester
I am a Sinnock descendent and doing genealogical research on the family and would very much like to contact any of the people who posted the details of Frank's life on the 2nd Class Passenger List.

Lesley
Hi Lesley I didn't contribute originally, but have just now commented subsequently. Ella was my great aunt. We had heard that Frank was himself the mayor of Moosejaw, so it sounds as if that now needs checking. I know of anthropologist and contributor Hannah Dobrowalska (nee Ivory), with whom my father (now aged 97) was in touch until recently, and may be still. Ella's parents and New Caledonia origins were celebrated recently in two exhibitions, one at the museum of Scotland (Life histories: The Reverend James and Mrs Emma Hadfield collection | National Museums Scotland Blog) and one at the museum in Noumea the capital of New Caledonia(Exhibition: James and Emma Hadfield, legacy of a Loyalty Islands mission, 1878-1920. Le Musée de Nouvelle Caledonie, 4 September 2013 – 4 February 2014.), which my parents visited as guests of the colonial government, to open the exhibition five years or so ago (and I and my wife and sister tagged along). Ella's brother James Arthur was a psychotherapist an my grandfather (J. A. Hadfield - Wikipedia).