Frank's Grand staircase model

May 3, 2004
Hope all of you enjoy the new photos. You my see in all the new photos that I still have some small details to finish and glue them together by December. All the small chandeliers need to be install also.

Frank

May 3, 2004
Hello Everyone,

I am adding the final touches to my grand staircase and to let everyone know that it will be on display at the Robb and Stucky Interiors store at the Millennia Mall in Orlando Florida on the following dates.
Friday the 12th to Sunday 14th of December 2008. If anyone is in Florida, come on in and take a look at my work. Times are Friday and Saturday from 10am to 6pm and on Sunday from 12pm to 6pm.
Hope to see you.

Frank Crescente

K

Kevin Saucier

Amazing!!!!!! Awesome work.

Just to think I'm going out of my mind trying to understand how to build just one 1st class smoking room table.

As I mentioned in another post, I have some authentic green baize (felt) from Titanic that I want to put on a small replica table...then off to a museum.

Kevin Saucier

L

Lajos Berínyi

Oh, my great holy God! It's incredible. What are the measurements of this? I estimate more than one meter.

May 3, 2004
Hello Lajos

The measurement is 28" wide X 72" long x 36" high or about one meter high and two meters long by 2/3 meter wide
thank you, I'm glad you like my work.
Frankie

L

Lajos Berínyi

Respect for you, about the original materials. That carved wood parts are very nice. I like these details. But the colouring surprise me. Were the furniture really blue? I never seen before this variant, olny burgundy or dark green.

May 3, 2004
Lojos,
I have confirmed that the chairs are indeed blue in color and not red or green. I was surprised as well when I found out. I have tried to be as accurate as possible and still my miniature is not perfect but comes very close to the real thing. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Frankie

L

Lajos Berínyi

Frank, understood. I believe, you tried to be the most accurate. With blue chairs it has got other feeling. More elegant than burgundy. But a little weird for me. All of that, it's a masterpiece.

Nov 26, 2005
Frank...I got a birthday coming up this month if you have trouble finding a place for your model. Just sayin'. ;-)

In all serious though, I have never seen such a perfect model of the Grand Staircase. My amazement at your work just can not be put into words. Absolutely breathtaking. And your methods of photographing it really sell it as being much larger than the dimensions you described. Nice camera work also!

Hat's off to you!

Jan 29, 2001
Yes Frank, I would have to say that your Grand Staircase is par with the *to scale* model of TITANIC'S staircase, as seen at the Tropicana exhibit.

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA