Franks Reading & Writing Room Model

May 3, 2004
Hello,

Many of you may know me for my Grand Staircase model. Now I have started this new thread on my new adventure on building Titanics Reading & Writing Room. As I finish the Grand Staircase I will start drawing plans in 1/12 scale. Please feel free to ask any questions as I go along posting my progress on construction of this other beautiful part of the ship.

Frankie

Kyrila Scully

Apr 15, 2001
South Florida
Is your Grand Staircase model completed then? Is it on display now at the Titanic museum?

I haven't been over there in awhile - busy with two jobs - but hope to get there soon.

Hey! Call me now that you're settled!

Kyrila

May 3, 2004
Kyrila,

How are you? I have been working on the Grand Staircase almost every day but, still have not finished it. It will be done soon and will be posting photos & up dates on it. (check out my thread on FGSCM)For new pictures. E-mail me your phone number if you like so that I can call you.

Frankie

May 3, 2004
I would like to keep this thread with " Titanic models, and not with the Grand Staircase thread.

Frankie

[Moderator's note: This post was in a previous thread, but has been moved to here. JDT]

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
I can't wait to see your first postings of the Reading and Writing Room. Years ago I attempted one but never got very far and then about 6 months ago I started making one of the alcove partitions but never got any further than that. Looking forward to seeing it....I bet it will be beyond brilliant if your Grand Staircase is anything to go by.
Damon

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
Can't wait, Frank!

You seem a little like me where it comes to building models; tire of the same view and place your project on the "I'll get back to it" shelf whilst you start another.
My bedroom and my shed are full of half-built projects.
I suppose it's just so you know you have something to go to without having to start from scratch.

My remote controlled Bismarck still needs a steering mechanism and false bow wave after a year!

Dec 7, 2000
Frank,

Have you been getting my e-mails? I'm not sure if I should be sending you more photos or info as I don't know whether you've been getting them?

Daniel.

May 3, 2004
Hello Daniel,

Yes I did get your last e-mail,thank you, the photos are great to work with for my drawings and elevations. At this time I'm only collecting information on the R/W room and trying to get the grand staircase finished,so
keep e-mailing me @ Fcresc302@aol.com
Frankie