Fred Fleet's Grave

Jan 27, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi, thank you so much for letting me know some information on Fred, and yes some of it I did not know. I am so surprised to hear from a decendant of his as I thought all of them did not want anything really to do with Titanic. Fred is really somebody that I think a lot of, I would have loved to met him and to me I wouldnt even have asked one thing to him about Titanic. I would have just loved to hear him talk about his career at sea. I have a 8x10 picture of Fred that I printed and have hung up in my house along with a crows nest bell beside it. I often sit and wonder what Fred's life as a child would have been like growing up a orphan and growing up in orphanges, homes, etc.... I would imagine I guess that once he was kicked back out on the street a lot might have came back to him. I have read a lot of his letters to Ed Kamuda (Titanic Historical Society) and some are quite sad to read, especially his last letter. By the way, is there anymore information on Fred's life that you might be willing to share with me. If not by the board here could you email me [email protected] I would love to talk about Fred and his life. Do you know how and where he met Eva? Did Fred have a middle name? etc..... Thanks so much for your information and I look forward to your reply. And yes I agree, let Fred rest in peace......