Frederick Sutton

L

Leo White

Recently visited North Wildwood NJ and found reference made to one of the victims. A Mr. Frederick Sutton, 1'st Class...a banker in that community after the turn of the century...took a trip to British Isles and selected TITANIC for 'return' voyage. Great Site !

Leo White
Philadelphia, Pa. USA

K

Katie

I was wondering if you had any info on Mr.Frederick Sutton-a first class passanger in the Titanic. Please help me out. Thankyou,Katie

Katie
NY

L

linda townsend

Do you know anything at all about Frederick Sutton, 1st class passenger who died?

linda townsend
washington, DC

E

emma sutton

Re: Frederick Sutton

I have finally found out about mr frederick sutton who was my great x6 grand father. from reading the information i have found what he looked like and where he was born and lived and what he did for a living as well. i am glad that i looked on this website and discovered where is buried and that sadly he died when the ship sank.

Aug 14, 2018
I was always told that my great great grandfather fredrick Sutton was buried at sea, his body was found but buried at sea, now reading this, only to find that he body was not only recovered but he is buried at Haddonfield cemetery. I must do a family tree to find out about other relatives that, belong to the Sutton side of the family.

Dec 26, 2019
UK
Hello, I am the granddaughter of Gladys Sutton, Frederick Sutton was her uncle. My grandmother married Basil Ashby. She used to tell me about Frederick who died on the titanic when I was a child. I need to do some research about her mother and father, but as she was a Sutton her father must have been one of Frederick's brothers. my grandmother was ostracized from her family when she married my grandfather. My father is still alive at the age of 92. I would like to hear from you. Jacqui

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 14, 2018
Hi, my name is Emma Harding/Sutton. My grandfather was called Victor Sutton and my grandmother was called Vera Sutton. We must speak some more, I do remember my grandfather briefly talk about a Gladys Sutton. My grandfather was the one that told me about fredrick Sutton

Dec 26, 2019
UK
Hi Emma, so glad you have contacted me, I have always been very interested in Frederick Sutton's story and long lost relatives. I spoke with my father yesterday to ask if he had my grandmothers birth certificate, unfortunately he doesn't have any paperwork, but discovered he has one cousin still alive also that lives in a care home. She is the daughter of one of my grandmothers 3 brothers so he is going to give me her details as she may be able to shed some light on her grandparents. Where do you live? I live in the south of the UK. Frederick would be my great, great uncle. Look forward to hearing from you again. Jacqui

Aug 14, 2018
Hi, jacqui, I'm trying to find out the birth father and mother of my grandfather, they are buried in Chelmsford, I live in the south of the UK Chelmsford, I would ask my grandparents but unfortunately they have passed away

Hi, jacqui it's so good to hopefully find relatives that I never knew about, I'm trying to find out the birth parents of my grandfather but unfortunately he is no longer with us, I know that they are buried in Chelmsford cemetery, I have been but the tombstone is so worn down that I can't quite make out their names, but I do know that all the males on my grandfather's side had the name Victor in their names. I live in the south of the UK Chelmsford actually. Where are you based in the south, what is your father's name and does he have Victor in his name??, I don't really know alot about fredrick only he was born in East anglia, moved to America and become quite successful in coffee, then development, and banking, he had a wife and 3 children I believe. He was building a house in America but eventually got buildt turned into a doctors house. We may even have long related relatives in America as well.
Would to hear from you again, when I do find out the birth parents of my grandfather I'll let you know hope this is OK with you.
Hope to hear from you soon. Emma

Dec 26, 2019
UK
Hi Emma, I assumed you lived in America, I am down in West Sussex, near Horsham. My Dad's name is Michael John Ashby and he is the last remaining of 3 brothers. His memory is not so good, but hopefully his remaining cousin may be better. I have traced my grandmothers birth certificate on the GRO website and now know the maiden name of her mother, so interesting. Definitely worth a go. Speak soon.

Dec 26, 2019
UK
Hi Emma, after exhaustive research from a friend of mine I have found my connection with Frederick Sutton. My grandmothers father was William Sutton. His father was Robert Sutton, who's brother was Frederick's father George Sutton, making my great grandfather William and Frederick cousins. She has sent me the family tree, going back to my great x4 grandparents. There were so many Sutton children that I am sure we are related somewhere down the line.