Full size stateroom replica

Mar 3, 2010
We are planing to build a full size replica of a first class stateroom in our basement. Any ideas as where to get items like lighting, wallpaper, carpet, etc.? Any rooms you think would be best to remake?

Mar 3, 2010
We were going to do something BASED off of B-59. We should be able to build a lot of it. But still things like the mounted lights and stuff, and carpet, things like that, we can't build.

Damon Hill

Jun 13, 2004
I built a model of b-59 that was big enough for my nieces to play with their Barbies in, which of course is nowhere near life-size like you would like to do, but with the wallpaper, I drew freehand a copy of the wallpaper, scanned it into the computer and then printed off multiple copies.....you could do that...but it would take A LOT of ink and paper!..not very practical! maybe you could make templates or stencils of the main flowers/vines etc in the wallpaper design, trace them onto your wall and then paint in the rest of the details....again extremely time consuming and fiddly..I dont know how arty you are...again: not very practical
sad.gif