Funnel Face

J

Jack Dawson

Hi, I was reading about a 'tour' that was apparently given to at least a few passengers; I think it said Browne was with that particular group. While it doesn't really sound like the kind of place a tour would go, I would guess it is possible a passenger could have found some way (guided or not exactly official) to the funnel on Titanic given it happened with Olympic. It sure would have been a nice view of the boat deck anyway!

May 3, 2005
There was also a story about a stoker who had climbed up the inside of the dummy funnel .
There was a story that when some passengers saw him looking down from the top of the funnel, with his soot blackened face, that it was some sort of an evil demon and a bad omen !

Climbing up the inside of the dummy funnel was also part of the old "Titanic - Adventure Out Of Time" video game. Been there. Done that. Encounter with the evil German Colonel Zeitel ..... LOL

Last edited:
May 3, 2005
Hi, I was reading about a 'tour' that was apparently given to at least a few passengers; I think it said Browne was with that particular group. While it doesn't really sound like the kind of place a tour would go, I would guess it is possible a passenger could have found some way (guided or not exactly official) to the funnel on Titanic given it happened with Olympic. It sure would have been a nice view of the boat deck anyway!
Jack Dawson ???
Welcome back to the land of the living !
I thought you had drowned in the icy waters whilst saving the fair damsel Rose Dewitt-Bukater ?
Sorry. You must be another bloke of the same name ?