Funnel Flicks STILL steaming

Apr 11, 2001
"This thing's uncomfortable-it hurts." Flick and character. First Prize- a free rental from Mr. Tux and a box of Havana's finest.

May 12, 2005
The film is Titanic (1997). The line is:

"Tell Lucile about the disaster with the stationers."

Who said it? (character & actress) Who was she speaking to? (character & actress)

Prize: Getting to examine REAL Lucile dresses and memorabilia which I will bring on the Guilded Age tour.

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Ooooo...to be pedantic, it wasn't Benjamin Guggenheim to his valet. It was to a steward, as the following line was 'My valet....send for my valet'.

Ing

Apr 11, 2001
Hooray! Give the lady a see-gar! Draw it mild! Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar, Dr. Freud. Well- then there was Bill Clinton.... Randy- am going into overtime on your brainbuster.

Dan Cherry

Mar 3, 2000
*I* know the answer! :)

Shelley, those peanut butter cups you sent me as a consolation prize on the last trivia thread had a BITE out of each one! :-(

D

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
So what's the link between a Titanic film bloke and the Russian Revolution?

Hint: Dr Who comes into it somewhere too...

Ing

Apr 11, 2001
Well Professor C.- I had to make sure they weren't STALE or anything! Dern- these questions are short-circuiting my wiring-too many Brit pixels or something for my American screen. Hmm- Dr. Who is that wild-headed guy with the long muffler who kinda looks like Gene Wilder and leaps around in a phonebooth thingie that is a time machine.. can't remember his name. I think one of our really obscure channels had the series here years ago. Give us a hint... aw.. come on- remember we are pixel-impaired here. While looking for my VCR tape of 1997 Titanic- the whole bloody :-D shelf fell on my cranium Monsieur Randy-does it have something to do with wedding invitations? Rose's Ma is yacking to a bunch of snooty hens about Rose's de-voom nups and how the invites got screwed up or something? Now do I get to wear Lucile's nightie in Newport?! And NO-I did not peek at the flick- I was busy applying my icebag to the knot on my head! Never found the ^%#)*&!@& movie!

N

Nathan Heddle

Yeah, I remember, Ruth (Frances someone or other)had issues with the stationery people and I think it was the Countess of Rothes who said to tell Lucile.

Can't remember who played her though. Isn't that the bit where they then snub Molly Brown.

I can't remember.

nathan

Pat Cook

Apr 27, 2000
Can't really help out with the main question but a couple of notes here.

Shel - The 'Dr. Who' you describe was Tom Baker, who was (if I remember correctly) the fourth 'doctor' - last count there were seven or eight. The tremendously imaginative series began in the mid-60's and ran for some thirty or so years. Besides Tom Baker, the Doctor has been portrayed by William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton (my favorite), Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison, Colin Baker , Sylvester McCoy and, in the movies, by Peter Cushing. We used to get the show here in Houston but that stopped years ago. I have no info about the 'Doctor Who' adventure that involves Titanic. I believe there is a book out, tho'.

Best regards,
Cook

K

Karen Angstadt

Ruth was played by Frances Fisher who by the way has a daughter named Francesca with Clint Eastwood. Karen

Inger Sheil

Dec 3, 2000
Cook - Tom Baker is the link :)

My favourite Doctor...I forget how deprived Americans are sometimes! Even in the antipodes we grew up on this stuff.

Tell me you had 'Monkey'?

Ing

Nov 30, 2000
Here's a little quiz of my own:
Name the ocean liner films the follwing lines came from:

1. "Sorry, sis! I had to go to the john."
"Well that's a dumb, stupid way to die 'going to the john'!"
"I said I'm sorry!"

2. (Divers are inside a sunken ocean liner.)
"Look at that. (Referring to a skeleton they're passing.) Sorry ya came?"

Richard K.

Apr 11, 2001
Rich- the #1 is the bratty little boy to Pam Sue Martin in Posideon Adventure #2 I will guess and say Return to the Posideon-somehow the spelling looks funny to me:)

Nov 30, 2000
Right on 1., Shelly, wrong on 2.
Hint: the ocean liner has a name shared with a character from the Bible in the film the second quote came from.

Richard K.

Apr 11, 2001
Time for trivia-no dead thread this! Give me the names of all the regular Love Boat crew from that wacky wild and zany series! You KNOW you are humming the theme right this minute under your breath! Love- exciting and new-....