Gaspare Antonio Pietro Gatti

Walker Cecily

Oct 18, 2010
Am so pleased to find the details of Luigi Gatti. As a young girl I visited my Grandmother at the home in Yorkshire that she shared with a lady companion. On the piano was the photograph of a gentleman in naval uniform with a small boy & the lady in question. She told me that it was the photo that her husband had with him when he went down with the Titanic. Whenever I repeated the story none of my family could recall her but I remembered her name as Gatti. Thinking that I must have dreamt the whole thing I did'nt follow the story up. I have only recently been able to access the internet, googled passenger & crew list for Titani & there is the name - how wonderful! My name is Cecily Walker & my Grandmother was Martha Ann Park.

Walker Cecily

Oct 18, 2010
Further to my last comment I would be very interested to contact any of Sgn Gatti's family to find out what happenend to his wife & son - also if they had any contact with my Grandmother.

Alice Bennett

Feb 20, 2013
Hi Cecily, my name is Alice Bennett and I'm currently doing a study into Gatti and his role on board the Titanic along with study into his family tree in England and on a broader scale the Italian presence in Southampton and London. I would love to discuss with you what you already know of this man, any information you may have would be of great use in my research. Thanks, Alice