General Administrative Stuff

Dec 8, 2000
Sorry Phil, it mustn't've been fun at the time but I'm sitting here laughing at the thought of it. I hope it wasn't raining at that Dutch campsite, too.

Well done you, though.
happy.gif

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
A kind man in a campsite somewhere in Holland lent me his Macbook

Camping used to be a refuge from such things, no?

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Yes quite. But then you would have been without ET for a whole week... how would you cope? (no need to answer that!)

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
A reminder:

If you include multiple photos, etc., in the same message, please remember to hit "Enter" after the code appears for each image, so that they appear vertically. Horizontally-arranged images can distort the appearance of the page.

Thanks.

Martin Cooper

Dec 13, 2007
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reminder and for correcting the earlier pic's I posted, much appreciated.

Best regards, Martin.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
A thread about an upcoming auction, which contained some inappropriate comments about the auctioneer, has been removed for review by the moderators. It may return shortly after some of its content has been revised.

Jason D. Tiller

Dec 3, 2000
Niagara Falls, Ontario
Hello all,

A reminder:

When posting multiple images that are oversized, please use the "Upload Oversize Image" feature found below. Also, please remember to hit "enter" after each photo, so that they are vertical, not horizontal. That way, the large images do not distort the page, which makes it very difficult to read.

Thanks.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Bad news I am afraid. The site was hacked and, restoring from a backup means several posts have been lost from the past couple of days. Very sorry but nothing I could do about it.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
How do we set about adding information to the crew or passenger lists? I have some further details about Sylvanus Hunt the timmer, and it seems a pity not to add some of it.

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
This latest incident makes me more certain that we need to retire this forum software. Whether or not we replace it with something else is another matter.

Not so many people use the board any more though I know a lot of people still appreciate it.

This software is very old and the developer seems to have given up and we find, behind the scenes, hundreds of spam registrations and spam postings to which the software seems susceptible.

So the board will be archived after the anniversary and between now and then we can debate whether to replace it.

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
Thank you Jason. However, the link that you have directed me to is surely about adding new articles whereas, in the case of the ET biographies, it is more a question of integrating new material into somebody else's article. I suppose I could submit a lengthened biography, incorporating the original (?)

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Hi Stanley,

I think the best thing to do is to take the current text and incorporate your changes and corrections. Then send to me direct.

Always looking to improve the biographies and an area of the site that is a bit neglected because the above process is actually quite hard to do!