General Administrative Stuff

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Aware of the problem. Will get back to you.

In the meantime use the drop down Style selector at the foot of the page on the new board and choose the default template.

Dec 4, 2000
Help! I keep getting a round-robin of pages to log in, change passwords, etc. One leads to another and then back to the start -- but I can't get logged in. Whatsup?

-- David G. Brown

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Please use the new board from now on.

If you have been using a current thread on this board and you want it moved right away then please send me a request and I'll do my best.

Alternatively create a new thread on the new board and we will merge them together at a later date.

This thread will remain open for now in case you have any problems.

Apr 20, 2010
question how long will this board stay up i really like this database of information since it has so many years of research do i need to start copying and pasting now

Philip Hind

Staff member
Sep 1, 1996
England
Don't worry, these pages will always be available as an archive, but everything (all the posts) are being moved so they will also be on the new board.

Apr 20, 2010
ah ok. I could go 24/7 365 days a year reading every post on here if i didnt have much a life. Its so interesting. Thats why i got worried. I'm semi new to the research

Thankyou so much for all you do and taking time out of your day to respond.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
According to the What's Going On? section at the bottom of the forum main page, at the time of writing there are "currently 5228 users online. 71 members and 5157 guests." Now that's what I call a real party! But is it legal to have so many people in such a confined space?

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Oh dear. The grouse is holding out but we've run out of champers and some of the guests are beginning to turn ugly. Phil's called the police - wise move in the circumstances.

Jan 6, 2005
Iowa, USA
Bob: Order is restored. What we'd run out of was cold Champagne.

Some obliging chap just miraculously found ice simply by reaching out a porthole, so we're good. And, of course, the band plays on.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Well, just be sure to keep the beer warm. Britain has contributed much to civilised life on this planet - like football, the Beatles, Aston Martin and the BBC. We don't always get it right - Simon Cowell for instance. And Freddie and the Dreamers. But our greatest contribution has been warm beer. If God had meant beer to be chilled He would have made us all Americans.

Jan 6, 2005
Iowa, USA
Bob: I thought you lot broke down and bought yourselves huge American-style fridges some time ago. I could understand warm beer with yesteryear's British fridges, but now you have no excuse. Chill, I say! Chill! Chill! ;)

Jan 6, 2005
Iowa, USA
I'll gladly buy the round and leave everyone to their preference, if only I don't have to drink warm beer. That happened to me only once, many years ago, and I still cannot shake off the queasy-making feeling that someone had drunk it before. ;)

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Sorry about all the junk posted by someone/thing called nuangotagop. He/she/it has been reported to Phil, and should be gone soon.