1. Welcome to Encyclopedia Titanica
    or subscribe for unlimited access to ET! You can also login with , or !
    Dismiss Notice

General Administrative Stuff

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Titanica Message Board Information' started by Mark Baber, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Mark Baber

Mark Baber Moderator Member

Hello, all--

Please keep in mind that posting to the "Off Topic" area of the Board requires a moderator's prior approval. A thread begun there today has been deleted.

2. Mark Baber

Hello, folks---Some reminders, to which I'd add:

Please be judicious in posting large files, videos, etc. There have been many posted in recent weeks and they can cause problems for people with slower internet connections.

Thanks, as always.

3. Mark Baber

Hello, all---

Just an FYI that in the next few days there will be some changes coming to the "White Star Officials, Officers, etc." topic, one of my favorites for some reason. There are currently a number of people, mostly White Star commanders, who are discussed in multiple threads in that topic. I'll be collecting those into a single thread bearing the person's name rather than the existing "News from..." titles. This should make it a bit easier to find everything that's there about a single person.

Aaron_2016 likes this.
  4. Mark Baber

Hello, all---

In the past couple of weeks we've deleted a few messages.

A couple have included the email address of someone other than the writer. If you want to publish your own email, that's fine, but publishing someone else's email is not.

A few have made serious or sarcastic references to current political events in several parts of the world. Please remember that we have a very diverse membership here and not everyone might share the political views of others. All political references are out of bounds.

Finally, a few were removed because they addressed past disputes between members of the message board. As I said earlier, there's no purpose to resurrect those issues, especially if those who were involved are no longer active here and those who are commenting after the fact were not here at the time.

Thanks for your cooperation.