George Thomas MacDonald Symons

Apr 22, 2012
A biography is available on this site. Also, the book "Titanic Voices" has some information about him.

Cheers,
happy.gif

-B.W.

J

Jessica Jackson

Hi, I've only just joined so that's why I'm so late in posting! Denise, did you find out anything else? And does anybody know where he was buried? I read it somewhere but can't remember it! Also, he came from a town near where my nan lives. If anyone knows anything then that'd be great, and how do I access the biography? Ta! Jess

Dec 8, 2000
Hello Jessica,

All of the biographies on Encyclopedia Titanica can be accessed through the main page: https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org. There's links to all the sections (passengers, crew, etc) and a search engine. When you visit, make sure you take a packed lunch with you as you'll probably be reading for hours. Leastways I find that looking up one thing leads to another to another to...
happy.gif

J

Jessica Jackson

Hi Fiona, thanx, and you're right, that's how I started researching George T.M. Symons in the first place! I just can't remember how I found out other stuff about him...not very internet friendly yet!

Arne Mjåland

Oct 21, 2001
The obituary about Symons may answer a few of the questions.
Here it is from Southern Daily Echo in December 1950:
SYMONS, George -6 Morland-road, Shirley, Southampton, suddenly on December 3 (late Ordnance Survey) Service, St James Church 2.30, Thursday followed by interment at Hollybrook Cementery, Funeral from above adress."