Ghost s of the Abyss on DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

meagan mcrill garrett

i think every DVD would have to come with a set of 3-D glasses.

Mar 23, 2003
This comment will show a bit about my stupidity about theaters. I did think the movie would start out in theaters that would provide 3-D glasses. I had completely forgot about the IMAX theatres. Indianapolis has an IMAX but I will wait for the movie to come out on VHS.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I won't be waiting for the DVD though I certainly plan on ordering it. I'm starting to see trailers for the movie release already, and to call them stunning is an understatement. In a different thread, Ken Marshall has been encouraging people to see it in the theatres wherever it's shown.

I plan on taking that advice!

Lee Gilliland

Feb 14, 2003
Well, this will show my ignorance about DVD technology - can they do a 3D DVD? I mean, I'd love to be able to get GotA but there's all this emphasis on the 3D aspects, so why bother if they can't?

Mar 23, 2003
I just contacted the IMAX theatre in Indy and they informed me that the movie would be at the theatre for approximately one month. I may drive down for an afternoon matinee. This would be my first time in an IMAX theatre.

Hilda Jaschke

Jun 20, 2001
I beleive that they can do a 3D DVD! I was at one of the IMAX sites and it had a link to buy IMAX movies on DVD! And they do come with 3D glasses!

Jul 12, 2003
The 3-D movie of Ghost of the Abyss is wonderful...I thoroughly enjoyed the effects...if you have access to an Imax theatre, definitely go there...the big screen is better for something like this.

If it is released on DVD, I am fairly confident that the distribution time will be at Christmas. I used to work for a major studio in Home Entertainment and big titles (money makers) usually came out at Christmas. Most of the time, titles were released in VHS/DVD formats approximately 6-7 months after their theatrical runs. But the major titles were saved for the holiday season.

Status
Not open for further replies.