Ghost Ship movie ship resembles Andrea Doria

Feb 14, 2011
Anyone see the slasher horror film "Ghost Ship"? Its a typical mindless slasher movie. What interested me was the ship- the fictional Italian Liner was a spot on clone of the Andrea Doria.(outside that is, interior was totally different). Were external shots of this ship(presumably a model or computer graphics) a total copy of the Andrea Doria? or was it totally different?

I wonder if a real ship was utilised at any point...
very gruesome mass muder scene in the beginning....ill never go dancing on a ships deck after seeing that!!

Tarn Stephanos

Feb 21, 2003
I have this horror film on DVD, but I absolutely refuse to watch it.
queasy.gif
shock.gif
I would rather watch my TITANIC DVD instead.

Tammy

Wesley Burton

Apr 22, 2004
I also think this ship looked a lot like Andrea Doria. I think the ship in the movie was inspired by the Andrea Doria. I read it somewhwere.......

John DeLoache

Jun 3, 2004
Back when the piece of Hollywood tripe came out I heard an interview with some of the stars and screenwriters. The ship was supposed to be a sistership of the Andrea Doria. Of course none of them seemed to know that the Doria already had a runningmate or that the Doria like most other Italian ships was named after a man, hence the female name of their ship

Aug 31, 2004
The ship was called the "Antonia Graza" I was just watching that movie today. It was in fact based on it. I saw the "behind the scenes" fetures where thay talk about it constantly.

Mindy Deckard

Aug 29, 2005
I thought the same thing when I first saw "Ghost Ship"!

Side note: That movie had one of the coolest opening death sequences ever in a movie...the rest wasn't too good but that was EXCELLENT!

Steve Olguin

Mar 31, 2005
The first cabin Lounge on the fictonal "Antonia Graza" is actually the First Class Lounge on the Queen Mary (which was also used for several random scenes in "Pearl Harbor" when they needed a 40's nightclub like feel)