Ghosts of the Abyss Which One

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon Welch

Can anyone help me. After reading the threads and an article in the (British) Sunday Times I have decided to get "Ghosts of the Abyss" but when I did a search on amazon.co.uk I got three choices. I know Titanic GOTA is the Child's book, but are the other two completely different.

one is just GOTA and the other is Journey into the heart of the Titanic. I think I'll get them both but want to make sure they are different.

The below is the options I got

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/026-0735740-6055616

Thanks

Simon

S

Simon Welch

Sorry the above link doesn't work. But they are both from the same people and have the same front design one book was launched on the 1st April and the other 14th

Thanks

Simon

Oct 13, 2000
Simon, they are the same book. the only difference is that one version was published by Da Capo Press (this is the version selling here in the U.S.), the other was published by Hodder & Stoughton, which is the version selling in the UK.

no need to buy both versions. aside from the publisher, they are exactly the same.

all the best, Michael (TheManInBlack) T

S

Simon Welch

Michael

Thanks very much for the info, thats saved me £20 on the same book.

Whats strange is they offer them as perfect partners (buy them both, save a few £)

Thanks again

Simon

Oct 13, 2000
Hi Simon,
I had to check out Amazon.comUK myself to believe it, but you absolutely right! they are actually selling the two versions as a set for a reduced price. unbelievable! I don't think buyers are going to be amused when they end up with two copies of the same book.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Good old marketing tricks...ya gotta love it!

Mike, since I mooted the subject of marketing, I'm wondering about the way this release and marketing has been handled. I found two copies at Books a Million last week, but so far, nothing has turned up at Barnes and Noble. Is it just me, or is the whole effort to sell the book low key? Seems to me it deserves better.

What's going on here?

Oct 13, 2000
actually, I am astounded at the low key way this book has been released, as well as the very haphazard way it has shown up in stores. like you said, some stores had it weeks ago, some still do not. for a tie-in to the biggest thing James Cameron has done in a while, you would think there would be a lot more attention paid to it.

but then I am finding that the marketing even for the IMAX film itself to be quite low key, at least here in Tampa. all I can think of, and I am really just surmising here, is that there was not enough cash reserves left over for a high profile (read expensive!) marketing blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.