Ghosts of the Titanic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
That's perfectly OK Cam.

I am not an intelligent man and I have no skills. I am just a humble Titanic enthusiast like yourself.

It's the likes of Sam Halpern, Dave Gittins, Dan Parkes, Ioannis Georgiou and Mark Chirnside amongst others on this forum you should read and take in everything they say.

They can also spot a ringer among the Titanic community easily too.

Firstly, I do know that Jesus Christ certainly existed and I am in fact a Christian (albeit not a very good one) and as such accept him as my Lord and Saviour.

Secondly, the tomb of Jesus Christ has never been conclusively identified. Archaeologists, historians and theologian cannot agree on the "Garden Tomb" or that which exists in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Thirdly, what they can agree on is that the expedition which dear delightful Mr Pellegrino was a part of and which claimed to have found the physical remains of Jesus Christ, or indeed that of his supposed family was complete rubbish.

With regard now to the Titanic which we all are here for ....

You can find what several trusted and respected Titanic historians think about Mr Pellegrino and his work (from years ago when this forum was really busy) by using the search function or even by contacting them directly.

Mr Pellegrino is someone I have no time for. The late John P. Eaton on the other hand was the model of what a Titanic historian should be.

Cam, I really hate to sound patronising but I speak from painful experience here.

You are sixteen. Believe it or not I was sixteen too once (I'm of "Generation Y" and not yet thirty)

When I was your age I was inclined to easily trust and admire some people (both my own age and older) half of whom where plain bad others just fools. With hindsight I am now embarrassed to say I wasted my time with them.

Conversely the people I should have looked up to and listened to and who were trying to help me, I in fact cruelly scorned.

It is one of my biggest regrets and something I feel deeply ashamed about. And you know the funny thing is, those people I stupidly scored are actually now my best friends (In the last couple of years I even got them interested in the Titanic !) and the people I once liked and admired I have no wish to ever see or hear from again.

All I am saying is that as you get older you will begin to see things differently and as such your whole viewpoint will dramatically change. I suspect that will happen to you just as it did to me.

Let's leave it there.
Apologies, I did not mean to sound like you didn't know, I didn't know until I was told yesterday.

I'm 16, we think we know everything, its what we do best ;)

I think Mr. Titanic's points are something worth reading, by the way

Seumas

Mar 25, 2019
Glasgow, Scotland
There are more chances of me diving into the Clyde and coming up with a salmon in my mouth than there is of any of "Mr. Titanic's" disturbing paranoid ramblings being true.

I found that post actually quite disturbing and the last thing we need ET becoming is a proxy for this awful man.

I've requested Mark Baber's opinion on this.

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
There are more chances of me diving into the Clyde and coming up with a salmon in my mouth than there is of any of "Mr. Titanic's" disturbing paranoid ramblings being true.

I found that post actually quite disturbing and the last thing we need ET becoming is a proxy for this awful man.

"Paranoid ramblings"
Perhaps Mr. Titanic knows Dr. Pellegrino personally :) I have a.. feeling he does

"Awful man"

An opinion

We are allowed to back up Charlie. At least he isn't the Robin guy who came up with the Switch theory ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I recall that a number of years ago Mr Pellegrino used to have a n e-mail address called "Mr Titanic".

A complete coincidence of course.
Seumas, I think it'd be cool if you read what Mr. Titanic wrote instead of instantly dismissing him because of a connection you made in your head. Heck, point out anything you have an issue with

I'm 16, that's my job, not yours ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

IcySofter

Nov 2, 2020
I proceeded to buy the digital version of 'On a Sea of Glass'. I saw a review that said it should still be okay for my very non-technical brain. I really want a comprehensive book about the events and this looked as if it would be excellent with that in mind. However, I can still see myself buying Titanic books at garage sales for the next 20 years. All kinds.

Mr. Titanic

Mar 10, 2021
I recall that a number of years ago Mr Pellegrino used to have a n e-mail address called "Mr Titanic".

A complete coincidence of course.
Is Dr. Pellegrino calling himself Mr. or faking his doctorate, according to you? Since this discussion is about credibility, let's stick to objective claims. You have posted accusations against a veteran explorer and author that are uninformed at best. This isn't a good show for someone questioning credibility.

I can see this discussion is more about your subjective feelings and slander than it is about Dr. Pellegrino's books.

Status
Not open for further replies.