God himself couldbnt sink this ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zack Wyatt

I think God made the Titanic sink on purpose as punishment to human beings for their arrogance.

Eric Longo

Aug 13, 2004
Hi there,

I'll just say I don't think it has to be that "complex" - perhaps one could argue it is arrogant to think divine assistance in sinking the ship was needed in the first place. After all, it was just a ship made by men. Human beings have been running afoul of the odds since the beginning of time. I would think it more likely the standard practices of the day were to blame.

Best wishes,
Eric

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I think God made the Titanic sink on purpose as punishment to human beings for their arrogance.<<

What quantifiable testable evidence do you have to back that up? A written confession/affidavit from the Most High?

If not, then you're making the same mistake that a lot of people have made over the years in trying to look for extrodinary explainations for random events. There is nothing remarkable or inexplicable about the claims made for the ship or way the ship met her end. All it took was very straightforward human error which led to blundering into an iceberg.

And as Monica suggested, if omnipotance exists, surely it has better things to do with it's time then to target a single ship and over 2200 innocent bystanders.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
If God makes it His (or of course Her) business to sink the arrogant then He (or of course She) has been slacking of late. If any encouragement is required, I volunteer to supply a list of candidates for sleeping with the fishes. First come, first served!

Jun 11, 2000
Well, I hope I'm not on the list, Bob. I have, somewhat arrogantly, assumed that the non-rent-paying young men in residence should do the housework recently. And I have always taken it for granted that politicians are more blameworthy than me, though I admit that at least they stepped up to the plate, whereas I didn't. But it still seems rather small beer, all things considered ....

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
No worries, Mon. You have been judged blameless. All your unpaying guests' names, howezzer, are on ze list.

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
Offend Poseidon and he'll give you a bad time!

I must have offended him recently, as he's sent me nothing but bad weather and an infected leg.

Guess I'd better sacrifice a chicken or two!

Jun 11, 2000
But I like them, Bob, I like them. They're only boys. They probably should be adults, it's true, but times seem to be different now.

In Titanic times you were an adult, working, by the time you were 14. Doesn't seem very good really, but being 18 plus-plus and doing nothing now doesn't seem very good either.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Well, at 12-15 you were no longer a child but still a 'young person', not to be trusted with too much responsibility. Adulthood began at 16. Unless you wanted to vote, incorporate a company or marry without your parent's consent, in which case you had to wait until you were 21. If you were a weak and foolish woman and you wanted full adult rights, tough luck. So much more sensible, don't you think?

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>Guess I'd better sacrifice a chicken or two!<<

Don't forget the ram and the fatted calf.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2010
God does not do anything on purpose, he gives people a choice if they decide the right there are good things to come go wrong if you choose wrong, But he will help you along this path. However he knows whats going to happen before it happens. But noone should challenge Gods power. I believe that was their first mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.