Goliath Awaits chills me Does it chill you

J

Jon Meadows

The one thing you can say for GOLIATH AWAITS is the scene with Mark Harmon swimming by the liner looking the portholes and suddenly a face looks back at him is *extremely* creepy...and something I'm sure that most of us have thought about when watching footage of the wreck of the Titanic.

But, the whole just isn't plausible.

How could a wreck that large remain lost for that long if it's in water shallow enough to dive? I guess ships like the Steuben and Goya weren't found until recently. But look at the Lusitania, the Andrea Doria, etc. All are hung with fishing nets so even if their sinking positions weren't well-known, it would be obvious that the obstacle was probably a wreck.

How could a ship be airtight? It's got holes all over the place.

Doesn't air escape from wrecks any way it can...even if it has to blow the wreck apart? I recently watched a show on a mystery wreck in one of the Great Lakes and they said that parts of the ship are usually blown out because the air pockets explode when the ship hits a certain depth.

And, further...aren't they all lucky that they were able to rig up the oxygen systems within such a short period of time to keep from poisoning themselves?

J

Jon Meadows

Yeah, it's fun, Aidan. I wasn't taking too much time...just random thoughts as I was sitting here.

Anyway, the scene with the porthole was creepy.