Got some spare cash

Paul Rogers

Nov 30, 2000
West Sussex, UK
quote:

The engines would be desiel and fitted appropaitley.
Call me stuck-up if you wish but I begin to doubt the financial acumen - and pretty much everything else - of anyone who wants money from me, but who (in the days of spell-checkers) spells that badly within their proposal document.​

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
Anyboody who invest in that sckheme and got more munny too burne plees invest in my plann to bild a repelicur of the iseburg. Wil be juiced like the oregonil one, but deferdent sise and shaipe and mad from midden water waht confirm to currant saftey regurgitations. And farster of corse. No scamm - all proceed go to cherrytees like Brutish Socititty for Premonition of Litteracity.

Matthew Lips

Mar 8, 2001
"It could be more than one person to finance the ship." You don't say!

I know they reckon a sucker is born every minute, but there cannot be enough twits on the planet to fall for that one.

Hell, I had to check ro see it wasn't dated April 1st!

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
O ye of little faith! Don't think this can't be done!

I have the contract to demolish a certain bridge in Sydney, New South Wales. It is to be removed in order to enable Queen Mary 2 to go right up the harbour on cruise and booze trips to Parramatta.

My Chinese mate has a cousin in Beijing who knows a man who can reprocess the steel in the bridge into steel plate. There's more than enough steel to build a replica and Chinese labour is cheap. They already have the Revell model to work from, thus saving on those expensive H & W plans.

(Don't worry, folks! My shrink says I'm doing fine!)

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
There's another person (or group, it's hard to tell) out there promoting plans to build a new Titanic. This person/group, who as far as I know has identified him/itself only as "Brandon M.", has formed a new corporation called (I think) White Star Line 2005 and is soliciting investors. They haven't appeared here, but I've seen messages from him/them on various other fora, including a mailing list I run. There's a related yahoo mailing list and a web site, as I recall, but I don't have the details on them any longer.

Dave, I'll volunteer to obtain Crazy Glue for your project; much cheaper than welding or riveting.

;-)

Dave Gittins

Apr 11, 2001
Many thanks for the kind offers. In fact, the plan is to combine ship building with environmentalism. The plates will be attached with recycled chewing gum recovered from the streets of Sydney.

Bob Godfrey

Nov 22, 2002
UK
There are many opportunities for clearance jobs down under. Some Oz bloke I met in a pub in Earl's Court has sold me the demolition contract for a real eyesore of a music hall which looks like the roof has collapsed at all angles - hopefully because there's a lot of lead up there.

S

Susan Leighton

...excuse me while I ROTFL.
Was that site created by a two-year old? I am especially interested in the wireless connection that would allow me to "suft the net in the middle of the ocean." Do you think they will have an internet cafe in the writing room or the first class smoking lounge?

oh...and the 'bow thrusters' and 'ship stabilizers'...those are both fine ideas, and we wouldn't even need to use a tugboat.

I can't wait to see what's next on the 'project blog'.

Jul 9, 2004
"Brandon M.", has formed a new corporation called (I think) White Star Line 2005"

NO that is not ME... I will have nothing to do with ANY Titanic recreation. I think the idea itself is pretty summed up in a post I made about another Titanic recreation I wrote earlier. Nothing will ever come to fruition. I'd rather put my funds into some museum program to save and restore Art Deco furniture by the likes of Leleu and Ruhlmann. Or send my money for better use in saving Art Nouveau structures. Why throw money away on a Titanic '2' that will never happen? For all we know this is funding legos... hmmmm....