GRAND STAIRCASE IN MEASURED DRAWINGS

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I'm sure there were. The builders had to get the specifications from somewhere. Whether or not any of those drawings are still extant is very debatable.

Oh, and could you please do us a wee favour and refrain from the use of ALL CAPS?

ALL CAPS is the same thing as SHOUTING on the net, surprisingly difficult to read and considered very rude. I'm sure you didn't mean to shout or be rude.
wink.gif

May 3, 2004
Hello Michael,
I am now working on a model of the grand staircase and it would be a big help to have an elevation drawing. Hopefully theres one out there.

P.S. Sorry about the caps.
Frankie

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
I wouldn't be surprised if an elevation plan exists, but with the breakup of the Harland & Wolff archives, it's probably in private hands. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect you'll have a devil of a time finding it.

Dec 7, 2000
All,

I remember going on the net back in the mid-90's, and looking up H&W's web site. They had all sorts of Olympic's plans on offer. I specifically remember being interested by the plans which gave the layout of the grand staircase foyers, including floor tile drawings. Not only was I young then, but the prices asked by H&W then, and now are a wee bit on the unaffordable side for the average person.

Needless to say that no such plans are any longer on offer. I remember seeing listings for other interior plans, but I specifically remember the grand staircase ones.

Daniel.