Green and Cream Wheelhouse Tiles in 1911?

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Hi!

Recently I heard that Olympic possibly had Green and Cream tiles in her wheelhouse, instead of Red and Cream like Britannic and Titanic had. Is this true? I photos of Olympic , at least that I've seen, I've never seen it appear to be green.

Are there any photos or documents of this?
Thanks!

Ellana Coote

Mar 20, 2018
England
vintagexartist.wordpress.com
I could be completely wrong, but I think there's a possibility there could have been green/cream tiles in the wheelhouse-- just as much as it could possibly have been red/cream! It seems we won't know for sure unless some new information pops up; I can't find anything that says for certain what the colours were. I personally think it would have likely been red/cream, but, of course, the ships sometimes differed in their colour schemes. The main difference I know of regarding the wheelhouses is that the Olympic's was curved, whereas Titanic's was flat.

Reactions: 1 user

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
I could be completely wrong, but I think there's a possibility there could have been green/cream tiles in the wheelhouse-- just as much as it could possibly have been red/cream! It seems we won't know for sure unless some new information pops up; I can't find anything that says for certain what the colours were. I personally think it would have likely been red/cream, but, of course, the ships sometimes differed in their colour schemes. The main difference I know of regarding the wheelhouses is that the Olympic's was curved, whereas Titanic's was flat.
You are right! There is a photo of hers that was sent to me a few minutes after making this thread lol. I'd be happy to post it here if you're interested

Cam Houseman

Jul 14, 2020
Maryland, USA
Please! Sounds interesting!
Olympic's Wheelhouse May 1912
Olympic's Wheelhouse 1911.png

Last edited: