Green and Cream Wheelhouse Tiles in 1911?

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Hi!

Recently I heard that Olympic possibly had Green and Cream tiles in her wheelhouse, instead of Red and Cream like Britannic and Titanic had. Is this true? I photos of Olympic , at least that I've seen, I've never seen it appear to be green.

Are there any photos or documents of this?
Thanks!

Ellana Coote

Ellana Coote

I could be completely wrong, but I think there's a possibility there could have been green/cream tiles in the wheelhouse-- just as much as it could possibly have been red/cream! It seems we won't know for sure unless some new information pops up; I can't find anything that says for certain what the colours were. I personally think it would have likely been red/cream, but, of course, the ships sometimes differed in their colour schemes. The main difference I know of regarding the wheelhouses is that the Olympic's was curved, whereas Titanic's was flat.

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

I could be completely wrong, but I think there's a possibility there could have been green/cream tiles in the wheelhouse-- just as much as it could possibly have been red/cream! It seems we won't know for sure unless some new information pops up; I can't find anything that says for certain what the colours were. I personally think it would have likely been red/cream, but, of course, the ships sometimes differed in their colour schemes. The main difference I know of regarding the wheelhouses is that the Olympic's was curved, whereas Titanic's was flat.
You are right! There is a photo of hers that was sent to me a few minutes after making this thread lol. I'd be happy to post it here if you're interested

Cam Houseman

Cam Houseman

Please! Sounds interesting!
Olympic's Wheelhouse May 1912
Olympics Wheelhouse 1911

Last edited: