Greyhound

Nov 14, 2005
Good evening everybody. I ran across this poking around Youtube. Not sure if this is the right spot for this. But its about an upcoming movie I thought some might be interested in. I know I am. Its about the north atlantic convoys. A subject I don't think has gotten it due in covering it. Other than "Action in the North Atlantic" with Humphrey Bogart and "Das Boot" (both really good) I dont recall many movies about it. Anyway here's the trailer if anyone is interested.

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
Hmm, this is very intriguing but I see some problems. First, the CGI in combat movies today seems more suitable for a computer game than a historical event. Secondly, I used to admire Tom Hanks as an actor. However his annoying personality and politics has moved him to my ever-lengthening "don't watch" list of Hollywood actors/actresses. Sad, as he's played some excellent roles. I really enjoyed "Sully" for example, then found out later that it shamelessly stretched the truth. So, does this one stretch the truth also?

Nov 14, 2005
Hmm, this is very intriguing but I see some problems. First, the CGI in combat movies today seems more suitable for a computer game than a historical event. Secondly, I used to admire Tom Hanks as an actor. However his annoying personality and politics has moved him to my ever-lengthening "don't watch" list of Hollywood actors/actresses. Sad, as he's played some excellent roles. I really enjoyed "Sully" for example, then found out later that it shamelessly stretched the truth. So, does this one stretch the truth also?
Yes I understand the points you make and agree. I recently watched the new version of Midway and enjoyed it. I understand you can only do so much with a 2 hour movie but they left so much out. The older version is better minus the dumb love story they threw in. I am just glad at least someone is making something other than a superhero movie. As for the politics of actors I ignore them. They try to be be cool and part of the woke crowd when they come off as idiots to me. They can say what they want. I would hope most people are smart enough not to get advice from somebody who pretends for living.