Greyhound

Good evening everybody. I ran across this poking around Youtube. Not sure if this is the right spot for this. But its about an upcoming movie I thought some might be interested in. I know I am. Its about the north atlantic convoys. A subject I don't think has gotten it due in covering it. Other than "Action in the North Atlantic" with Humphrey Bogart and "Das Boot" (both really good) I dont recall many movies about it. Anyway here's the trailer if anyone is interested.

Bo Bowman

Hmm, this is very intriguing but I see some problems. First, the CGI in combat movies today seems more suitable for a computer game than a historical event. Secondly, I used to admire Tom Hanks as an actor. However his annoying personality and politics has moved him to my ever-lengthening "don't watch" list of Hollywood actors/actresses. Sad, as he's played some excellent roles. I really enjoyed "Sully" for example, then found out later that it shamelessly stretched the truth. So, does this one stretch the truth also?

Hmm, this is very intriguing but I see some problems. First, the CGI in combat movies today seems more suitable for a computer game than a historical event. Secondly, I used to admire Tom Hanks as an actor. However his annoying personality and politics has moved him to my ever-lengthening "don't watch" list of Hollywood actors/actresses. Sad, as he's played some excellent roles. I really enjoyed "Sully" for example, then found out later that it shamelessly stretched the truth. So, does this one stretch the truth also?
Yes I understand the points you make and agree. I recently watched the new version of Midway and enjoyed it. I understand you can only do so much with a 2 hour movie but they left so much out. The older version is better minus the dumb love story they threw in. I am just glad at least someone is making something other than a superhero movie. As for the politics of actors I ignore them. They try to be be cool and part of the woke crowd when they come off as idiots to me. They can say what they want. I would hope most people are smart enough not to get advice from somebody who pretends for living.