GSC LightingCherub

Tripp Carter

Jun 27, 2004
Hey, quick question . . . does anyone by chance have the dimensions of the lighting fixtures used in the GSC area. Also, would anyone have a clear shot or two of the A Deck cherub and its dimensions? I'm in the process of going back and correcting my previous 3D designs using an updated version of the design program I have. This one lets me customize things such as doors, windows, mouldings, etc. I still have to create my personalized lights in 3D Design workshop, but I think the end results may be worth it. Thanks!

L

Lajos Berínyi

Hi!

The crystal chandelier was 12" in diameter - measure from the homepage of the RMS Titanic Inc.

L

Lajos Berínyi

And another: on the site www.corbis.com you find a photo /in so many other interesting Titanic pics/ the recovered cherub in the hands of a man. You can tipping the measures of that. Aren't too large.

B

Britt Allis

I am looking for the name of the company that cast the cherub statue? I believe the Cherub to be English & not French.
The British were in partnership with Germany at this time in history---The British built funnels for the German ships & Germany built the cranes for the British ships,I never heard about the French and British doing such a thing,this is why I believe the Cherub is English.
My second statement is my own research only and not to be quoted any where else as facts, I am not claiming this to be fact,have no written evidence or diagrams evidence.

B

Britt Allis

I have been speaking to another Titanic member from another forum,we are both thinking the Cherub is English and not French.
I was merely asking a question with the reason why we think this is the case,so members know where we are coming from and why we ask such a question.
The Cherub is claim to be French,we are trying to find out the name of the company that case the Cherub statue,it will have an French name or may have an English name,and there you have it,the nationality of the Cherub.
The question is an long shot,no member will actually have the real cast,or real evidence but this forum is the best bet for an question like this one.