Guarantee Group Cabin Numbers

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
What ET has on the Gaurantee Group can be found HERE. Thomas Andrews was in cabin A-36. Unfortunately, there's nothing there on anyone else. The list of known cabin allocations can be found HERE. The only extant record froma crewman on the ship was the Cave List which was found on the body of Herbert Cave. It's far from complete and the information that exists is not without some controversy.

Hope this helps.

Dec 20, 2003
Thanks, I already knew Mr. Andrews from the Cave List but I was hoping someone might know about the other as I am compiling information on all the passengers as part of my privite research on the Titanic. But thanks anyway.

Jul 9, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Good luck, Leigh. I don't know if there's a lot more out there. What's available here on ET comes by way of years of research through archives, interviews, witness testimony, and not all of it agrees. If you get an article out of this, I hope you'll consider publishing it here on ET.

Jul 20, 2000
Hi Leigh,

A correction. There is no room number for Thomas Andrews on the Cave List. His room number came from his cabin steward.

Dec 20, 2003
I only started archiving information two years ago so I still have a fair way to go before I'll be completely satisfied that I have adequate information to write a thorough and accurate article. Adding to this quandary is that I am only 14 so it limits my resources and ability to comprehend certain things. But if I do succeed in writing a sufficient article I most certainly will publish it on ET, as it has been quite an efficient and thorough resource in contributing to my research.

Jul 20, 2000
Hi Leigh,

What page?
While Andrews name is on the Cave List, there is no room No.
The information about his room came from Steward Etches at the US Inquiry.

Dec 20, 2003
Hi Lester,
Oh I apologize, I ought to have made myself more comprehensible. I was under the impression that you were getting your information from the Cabin Allocation page on ET. Where it has Mr. Andrews name and cabin number, although it says that they didn’t get that information from the Cave List but from Mr. Etches. I’m repentant, I really should have been more intelligible in my typing.