Gymnasium Layout

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Does anyone here know the layout to the gymnasium, perhaps with visuals? Where was the mechanical camel, rowboat, bikes, ect? Thanks!
All Ahead Full!

Dec 6, 2000
Hi Shane,

There is a picture on page 62 of: The Last Days of the Titanic, by EE O'Donnell, which will hopefully answer some of your questions.

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Is there a way I could get this online? I do not have the book and would love to be able to see it here on the internet!
All Ahead Full!

Bob Read

Mar 3, 2002
Just for general reference, if you go to Google and click on "Images" then search for "Titanic Gymnasium" you will get all the photos taken of Titanic and Olympic's gymnasiums. This image search engine will also give you any number of other Titanic images if you narrow your search.

Regards,
Bob Read

Bob Read

Mar 3, 2002
Shouting will get you nowhere. Why don't you get off your rear end and do a little research on you own instead of yelling at us for not helping you enough. You guys are too much.

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
Shane, while I commend your interest in the Titanic, might I suggest you be mindful of the following from the Forum Rules
quote:

- Do not post large numbers of questions, readers quickly tire of individuals who only ask questions and never offer anything in return.
You'll find that there are a lot of resources out there, not only by way of libraries and some of the better bookstores, but the internet as well. A Google search engine is a wonderful tool for finding them. I for one don't mind answering some reasonable questions, but sooner or later, you have to go out and hunt some things up for yourself. We can't do all the work for you.

Having said that much, don't be too surprised if some of the information you're looking for simply doesn't exist. At last on-line, and you may need to be very careful about what you see in print as some of the books available aren't exactly reliable.​

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
I have searched and I have helped. Both of these I have covered. Bob, and explanation point in writing does not necessarily mean yelling, WRITING THIS WAY does. Oh, and trust me, as one of your Titanic historians in Phoenix, I am always off my "rear end". LOL. I just need to fill in all the blanks on by deckplans! (Doesn't mean I'm yelling, I'm excited!)
All Ahead Full!

Shane Worthy

Aug 12, 2004
Bob,
I am very upset with the way you speak to fellow historians. The manner in which you dergrade may be offensive to people whom aren't 6 year olds. As a member to this board, I deserve the right to be respected.
Michael,
I am clueless at why you would accuse me of asking more questions then posting. Entirely untrue. My philosiphy is to ask as many questions as I answer.
Shane N. Worthy

Dec 2, 2000
Easley South Carolina
>>I am clueless at why you would accuse me of asking more questions then posting. Entirely untrue.<<

You might go back through some of the threads in this and in the Collisions/Sinking Theories folder. You've started quite a few of them this week for all to see. I don't have a problem with this per se but when you come on fast and strong, it can put a few noses out of joint.

At this point, I'll offer you a suggestion to slow down and focus on a few things, and research them in detail befor moving on to the next thing. There are a number of bona fide historians who post here who have spent years...even decades....looking for answers to some of the same questions you want answers to right now, and not always with success. IOW, they may not know themselves. There are a lot of gaps in the history of Titanic the Real World Disaster as opposed to the Titanic Mythos. We all struggle with it here every day, myself included, and you will too.

>>As a member to this board, I deserve the right to be respected.<<

I've seen no evidence that anyone has done otherwise and if one person has become impatient, you might consider that there's a good reason for it. How would you feel if you were on the recieving end of some of the replies you just made? (Don't answer that one, just step back, take a breath, and think about it a spell.) And I'll let you in on a little secret, the kind of respect worth having in the long haul is by *no* means a "right." It's earned with difficulty and can be lost with stunning ease. I've been up and down that road a few times myself. Goes with the territory and all that.

Now, rather then carry on with a clash of personalities here, let's get on with the matter of the gymnasium.

Mark Baber

Dec 29, 2000
Lars---

Please note that the message you're responding to is almost 4 years old and if you click on his name you'll see that Shane Worthy hasn't visited this board in over a year and a half. He's therefore unlikely to see your message.