Happy Birthday US Navy

Nov 14, 2005
245 years old. When I enlisted they gave me a holder for my papers that I still have that says 200th anniversary of the US navy. Damn...45 years ago already...o_O

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
Dang, I missed it! Stephen, I'll have to check but I do believe I have a similar 200th Anniversary folder among my service papers. I was active duty from 1971 to 73, and an active reservist until '79. Thanks for the heads up, and Happy Birthday to the U.S. Navy! Must raise a toast this evening.

Nov 14, 2005
Dang, I missed it! Stephen, I'll have to check but I do believe I have a similar 200th Anniversary folder among my service papers. I was active duty from 1971 to 73, and an active reservist until '79. Thanks for the heads up, and Happy Birthday to the U.S. Navy! Must raise a toast this evening.
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club. You deserve a drink...or 2.

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
Yup, I actually had a Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club tee shirt back in the day. USS Oriskany, CVA 34. I agree with the drink or two; must tell the Boss Lady when I get home this evening. A toast to Yankee Station.

Nov 14, 2005
Yup, I actually had a Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club tee shirt back in the day. USS Oriskany, CVA 34. I agree with the drink or two; must tell the Boss Lady when I get home this evening. A toast to Yankee Station.
Ah Yes the Mighty O. I'm glad they were able to make a reef out of her. She'll be around for hundreads of years. My ship went to razor blades...:(

Bo Bowman

Dec 23, 2019
Worland, Wyoming
Stephen, I'd bet you remember her fondly every time you shave.

BTW, this is even further off-topic but I approve of your avatar. I had a '51 Willys pickup for a brief while, and wish I'd never sold it.

Nov 14, 2005
Stephen, I'd bet you remember her fondly every time you shave.

BTW, this is even further off-topic but I approve of your avatar. I had a '51 Willys pickup for a brief while, and wish I'd never sold it.
Yes but I recognize they can't save them all. I like the reef project with ships. It's a good use for them and helps the environment. Plus makes for some cool diving adventures. At least my ships sister ship was saved and you can tour her (USS Midway) in Diego. My avatar is what I have been working on the last 2 years but she's finally done except for the seat getting redone. It's a 53. All original minus a few things I couldn't avoid. Project dedicated to the Korean War veterans.