Have you ever had THE DREAM?

Jun 16, 2003
I find this link fascinating because it brings back a dream I had when I was a lad but which has remained with me ever since - it was so vivid.

I was on the deck of the 'raised' Titanic. It was being towed to New York but oddly I was the only person on it. I can remember looking along the length of the promenade from the bow (funny how much you can make out in a dream!) and I could see that the heavy swell was making the ship pitch in a slow motion kind of way - but which was terrifying. I thought that the whole ship was going to break apart or roll over. The sea was murky and angry with towering waves all around. I vividly recall that the hull was the same mottled rusty colour as in Raise the Titanic.

I suppose I must have seen the film RTT and it nestled in my brain for a while until it manifested itself in my dream. The overwhelming sensation I had as I stood on that empty deck was utter desolation and loneliness exacerbated I guess because the ship was devoid of other humans. Most of all though I felt so far away from the other ship which the Titanic was being towed by.

Odd, useless and not terribly interesting to anyone other than me and dream 'tellers'!

Aug 29, 2000
A seal, huh? Hmm- well this is what my dream dictionary has to say about that:

As in sea, the inner energies, rising within. A seal is a trust, a security or promise, a sign of integrity, which we can abuse or use as a power. It depicts the emergence into your conscious life of your deepest instincts and life energies -The seal also depicts the sense of beauty you may feel about the deeply natural and mysterious life in and around you. It therefore may show you things about life that arise from deep within, the unconscious. So it can be your intuitive knowledge.
Sounds good to me!

Dave Gittins

Mar 16, 2000
I seldom dream of anything that interests me, including Titanic.

In my best nautical dream, I was sailing a catamaran on Lake Bonney, in South Australia, a thing I have done in real life. The wind was strong and the lake was very rough, with the short, steep seas you find in shallow water.

I had everything under good control and the cat was belting away to windward in fine style. The only odd thing was that no sails were up!

Jun 16, 2003
Ann

Your dream is touchingly haunting I think. Seals are such attractive, benign creatures aren't they? Perhaps you have a great love for animals and the thought of this one being trapped/in a desperate situation upsets you. Animals can touch us in ways that humans simply can not.

Jun 11, 2000
I adore animals, and have never lived in a house without at least one. My most animal-infested night was years ago on a friend's farm in the breeding season. I was obliged to sleep with one piglet, one lamb, two dogs, a cat, and a parrot roosting on the bedhead. The cat seemed especially resigned to the situation. The rest of the family was similarly encumbered, but were very pleased that the parrot had decided to sleep in my room. I soon found out why. Every time I stirred in my sleep (quite often, understandably) it squawked, ruffled its feathers, pecked anything in sight, flew round the room, and re-settled. The other denizens of my room / bed just sighed and scruffled around a bit. They got up early, though. When I awoke at about 7.00 I was entirely alone.

However, I have to say that in my experience of seals around the coast of Britain, they are not always such benign creatures, even if they are attractive. I've been seen off a beach by one. But they are lovely - they seem to be able to cry, which is rather worrying.

May 15, 2006
I had this dream a few weeks ago that I was Murdoch and I had just been swiped off the deck by a wave and got pulled into boat #14 from balancing on a peice of wood and survived, it was really weired!

Oct 17, 2005
In 1995 i had never seen a movie about titanic or anything about the wreck but nevertheless
I already new many parts of the ship,and then a start to have many dreams about a ship wreck i heard pipes bending people yelling to each other and the most terrifying thing was the sound of the water hit something .....it sounds weird but i still feel(in real life) uncomfortable with the sound of the water. Anyone of you people have feel or experimented that kind of things???.
And when a see the movie i fell in shock when i saw the same corridors that i had been seeing in my dreams Since then I have a crush on titanic ,,,,,,If anyone have feel something like i did I WOULD LOVE To HEAR it

[Moderator's note: This post, originally posted in another thread has been moved to the pre-existing one on the same subject. JDT]

H

Holly Peterson

I had my very first Titanic-related dream when I was in grade 5 or 6. I wasn't very interested in the Titanic back then but, being extremely bored, I had looked at a book about the Titanic in a bookstore. Randomly flipping pages I found a picture of the Goodwin family and was appalled to find out that so many little children had died in the wreck. From then on it became my mission to find out more about this family and others who were on board the 'unsinkable ship.'
That night, I dreamed by Grade 5 teacher was taking us on an 'educational' field trip. The goal of the trip was to see if we could survive the Titanic, which looked just like Captain Hook's pirate ship in the disney movie 'Peter Pan.' The ship's dining room was somehow removed and converted into a lifeboat, which most of our class escaped in. Just when I thought I was safe, I appeared back on board the ship near the last lifeboat. I stepped in, but suddenly the Goodwins appeared out of the crowd. I knew they were going to die but thought, 'Not if I can help it.' I gave up my seat for them (I don't know how one seat can turn into eight seats, but that's the mysterious logic of dreams) and then the officers said 'Oh, there's one seat left, get in there' and I did.

H

Holly Peterson

I've had many other Titanic-related dreams since, many involving the Goodwins. In one, I was best friends with Jessie Goodwin and knew that she was going to die and I was going to survive, but somehow there was nothing I could do about it. In another, I was the nurse of this annoying 3-year old girl and when I tried to put her in a lifeboat she kept running away, running into third class, getting locked behind gates ... it was a bit of a nightmare trying to save her as the icy water kept creeping closer.

Jun 10, 1999
Holly:

I have also had several TITANIC related dreams. By far the best was a dream that I was in an Antique store and stumbled upon two TITANIC books...one red in color and the other was blue in color. Not more than a year later I was in Nevada City, CA. Per the norm I always am sure to visit the Antique stores and used book dealers. Just so happens I entered the Antique store and asked the gentleman..."Do you have any thing related to the TITANIC?", his reply..."Let me call my wife and ask her". He came back with "She said there is two TITANIC books in a case over here". Lo and behold it was two of the TITANIC memorial editions published soon after the sinking...one blue the other red! The only variance in the dream was that the Antique store from my dream was in the next town west, Grass Valley.

Kinda spooky...;-)

Michael Cundiff
NV, USA

Dec 29, 2006
Witney
Several years ago my mother claimed to have had "a very funny dream" in which she was surrounded by "a lot of ice". It turned out that the timing of the dream had coincided more or less with the night of the sinking - not on the actual night, but about two days before the anniversary.

H

Holly Peterson

I just remembered another dream I had about the Titanic. I wasn't myself in the dream; I was a boy about 12 or 13 years old, and I think he was supposed to be Albert Trask from Barbara William's 'Titanic Crossing.' Anyway, I (as Albert) was waiting with a woman who was supposed to be my mom, a man who was supposed to be my dad, and a little blonde girl, about 7, who was supposed to be my sister, on the boat deck, waiting for the lifeboats. Suddenly the whole ship breaks and we all go down into the water. Each one of us is riding on an ice floe and we kind of use the ice floes to 'surf' over the waves. Everything is grey and gloomy and despressing as the ship goes down behind us in the darkness, and many people are dying. I get separated from my 'family' and don't know what happened to them. The 'dad' figure appears and says, 'come here, son.' He then tells me we're the only ones left of our family. We go underwater somehow to the wreck of the Titanic and go into the dining room, and he says that the mom and the little girl both drowned. I remember feeling really sad.
I've had countless other dreams about the Titanic. Probably the worst was one in which I was best friends with Jessie Goodwin (did I already mention this dream?) We spent the entire voyage together and deep down inside, I knew she was going to die, but that there was nothing I could do. I never experienced the horrors of the sinking during that dream, but it was agonizing enough, spending your time with your best friend knowing full well she's going to die.

H

Holly Peterson

I just had another dream last night. It involved me babysitting a very young child in an oddly colorful house, and didn't have anything to do with the Titanic until the very end. My parents were chasing me around in some sort of robotic flying machine and the whole time I was repeating under my breath, "Leonard James Hoare. Leonard James Hoare. Leonard James Hoare." When I woke up I remembered him as a 16 year old crew member who had lost his life in the sinking.

Nov 21, 2007
I was really sick around January, It wasnt a dream but more of a wake dream, I kept waking up, and I would be half asleep, I kept thinking i was on the Titanic, it happened about three times, the seconed or third time it was around 2:20. I once had a dream, where I was in a lifeboat, and i jumped out because i thought my friend was in the water, and i wanted to save him. Another dream i had,i was in a pond by my uncles house, but the pond was really big in the dream, and it was in the day, the Titanic was sinking in the distance, and me and a group of people were in the water, freezing, but i wasnt cold at all, and i was saying something a long the lines of "Its not that cold" or something. another one i had the ship just hit the iceberg and i was looking at a cut- away of the ship, and there were women having babies. It was really weird.

Aug 15, 2005
Darwen, United Kingdom
I took some alternate therapy recently - Raiki - presumably a Buddhist method, as my witch-doctor (a lovely woman called Janice) said stuff about Chi and Chakra and other hippy stuff like that.

In order for me to relax, I was told to go to a special place. I ended up in Titanic's First Class Smoking Room and was looking for Thomas Andrews, but there was nobody there but me.
As much as I tried to manifest people, I couldn't, and I began to feel really cold, as though I was walking around the wreck at the bottom of the ocean, but everything was dry and untainted, and I could even smell the Mahogany that veneered the room. Without moving, I was on the A Deck landing of the Grand Staircase, bathed in a pure white light from the crystal dome above. I felt the cold melt away and sat on a chaise-longue, and only a second later I heard Janice quietly say "Imagine you're laying on a deckchair and you feel the warmth of the sun all over you."

It actually felt as though I was there, and I wanted to stay, but that was about it. The whole Titanic side of the experience lasted maybe five to ten minutes.

Jul 21, 2008
As of now there's only one dream that I can recall, in 2004. I dreamed I was standing at the bottom of the ocean, and rather than the pitch black of the depth, it was "sea green" as far as the eye could see. And there about 100 yards before me was the Titanic, not in a tangled wreck, but in her original splendor! It has never left my mind since. I think it symbolizes my emotional attachment to the ship.

May 27, 2007
Two nights ago I had the Titanic-Lusitania dream where I was on the Titanic looking for stray passengers to send up to the lifeboats when the sinking ship was torpedoed.

The rest of the dream was me in the crew area of the Titanic-Lusitania desperately looking for a way out to the deck and not finding it. All the the accompaniment to the sound of running water.

Russell Smith

Jul 23, 2008
Almost every dream I can remember involves me being in peril by water. Tsunami, floods and yes, trying to escape a sinking ship. In all these dreams water is trying to get me. Which is odd, because I love the ocean. It almost makes me believe in reincarnation, and that in a former life I may have drowned. Science tells us that energy cannot be created or destroyed, and that it merely changes from one form to another. Makes you wonder, since our bodies do create energy.

May 27, 2007
quote:

Which is odd, because I love the ocean.

Hi Russell

Not really when you think about it. As you have said you love the Ocean so your on it a lot and it plays a big part in your life so your subconscious mind to be ornery plays the what can go wrong scenario. It's your subconscious way of keeping you on your toes. Sometimes people have dreams about things that happened to them years ago. Alas my Dad has a free passport back to Nam every year. It was a few month when i was growing up. You have bad dreams about every day happenings for you going wrong.​